At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and competent engineering team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product must be reliable enough to run non-stop on fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us create, automate, execute and maintain tests that enable the delivery of high-quality software. You will get to collaborate with our Software Development and Quality Engineering teams to develop test strategies, test tools, and test plans. In addition, you will integrate into one of our scrum teams, taking a hands-on approach to not only creating new tests but helping execute them as well. If you enjoy championing quality, taking ownership of initiatives, and adding a lasting personal touch to projects, this position is for you.
Although our offices are in Somerville, we will consider partially remote candidates for this position.
- Are collaborative by nature
- Enjoy challenges and solving problems
- Are a self-starter
- Enjoy a face-paced start-up environment
- Are ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities
- Have a “get stuff done” attitude
- Work with other Quality Engineers, Developers, and Product Owners to understand requirements for an area of work and translate those requirements into a test plan that measures quality.
- Take ownership of creating, maintaining, and enhancing test automation through Python.
- Responsible for implementation and enhancement of performance testing.
- Lead test reviews to help ensure that the development process is followed and that the Acceptance criteria for delivery to product owners are attained.
- Find, document, and track bugs.
- Execute manual and automated tests
- Mentor fellow scrum team members on quality-specific best practices
- 3+ years experience developing automated tests in Python
- 3+ experience developing automated tests on Linux
- 5+ years experience developing and implementing test strategies and test plans
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET, Developer, or Automation Engineer role
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and tests.
- Experience influencing engineering best practices within your team and with partner teams
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience architecting continuous integration frameworks
- Experience developing simulation frameworks
- Experience with virtualization and container technologies
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Prior start-up experience
- Experience testing hardware and software products
- Experience with test data management systems
Our perks include:
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in an early-stage company with lots of potential
- Hybrid work model
- Passionate and fun teammates
- Flexible vacation and work schedule
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.