RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to solve the biggest problem in e-commerce logistics: how to fulfill orders, despite demand that’s growing at six times the rate of available labor. Our cutting-edge robotic picking systems manipulate hundreds of thousands of items—it’s a software-driven, hardware-enabled technology that meets the increasing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment and other industries.
We're looking for a Technical Writer to join our Product Team on our internal and external documentation for installing, configuring, and operating our robots. Working closely with team members across the US, Europe, and Asia, you will develop manuals that inform, educate, and reduce friction. You will report into the Product group and work closely with business and engineering teams. You will be critical to our ability to scale out.
- Own our internal documentation and develop information architecture for internal documentation library
- Refine that internal documentation into similar documentation for our integrator partners
- Collaborate on revising and maintaining our core documentation offering of manuals, release notes, and API development resources
- Proactively seek out product information via researching, experimenting, and interviewing engineers and other colleagues
- Align documentation with other communication efforts, including training, support, solutions design, sales, and marketing
- Help shape the company’s documentation strategy
You are or you have:
- At least 2-4 years experience in technical writing or similar writing role
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to interview engineers for information gathering
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical information quickly
- Experience documenting complex software systems
- A user-focused approach to documentation
- Experience building a corpus of documentation from scratch on major products or initiatives
- Experience creating task-focused modular technical publications using DocBook or a similar XML standard
- Familiarity with Confluence or a similar wiki tool
- Experience with the web-based DocBook authoring tool, Paligo
- Experience working in the automation or robotics industry
- Experience with hardware documentation
- Python experience
- Experience with Jira
- Familiarity with translation/localization/internationalization processes
- Interest in advancing user-centered product design as a company strategy
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in a high-growth company with lots of potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates.
- Flexible vacation and work schedule.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Robots, galore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.