RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to solve the biggest problem in ecommerce logistics: how to fulfill orders, despite demand that’s growing at six times the rate of available labor. Our cutting-edge robotic picking systems manipulate hundreds of thousands of items -- it’s a software-driven, hardware-enabled technology that meets the increasing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment and other industries.
RightHand Robotics is seeking a robotics software engineer with a demonstrated interest in solving challenging path planning problems. This contributor will be an active member of our Vision & Planning Group. This team is responsible for developing and implementing state-of-the-art path planning and computer vision algorithms for our globally-deployed robotic systems. At any one time we are working on a wide variety of projects on topics from instance segmentation and collision avoidance, to data collection and analysis, to internal tool development. If you are passionate about vision or robotics, and if working hands-on with robots on a daily basis sounds exciting, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Develop and maintain new path planning and grasp planning algorithms to improve the RightPick piece-picking system
- Prevent extremely powerful industrial robots from colliding with anything they shouldn’t
- Work directly with our robots at RHR’s headquarters to prototype and validate algorithms
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to deploy your solutions to address customer needs
- Debug complex, multi-process systems
- Masters degree in robotics, machine learning, computer vision or closely-related discipline with a minimum 7 years professional experience (or a PhD with minimum 3 years professional experience)
- 3+ years python software engineering experience
- 3+ years C++ software engineering experience
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Experience in a production software development environment (version control, automated testing, build tools)
- Strong linear algebra and geometry skills
- Rock-solid algorithmic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a technical leadership role in a small team
- Experience with standard motion planning or collision frameworks (OMPL, FCL, etc)
- Experience with ROS or other robot-focused software integration
- Extensive knowledge of deep learning algorithm development and experimentation
- Experience in classical vision algorithms (feature extraction and matching, structure from motion, calibration, 3D reconstruction, segmentation)
- Experience with numpy, OpenCV, PCL and working with point cloud data
- Experience with RGB-depth cameras
- Experience with TensorFlow and Keras
- Hybrid work model
- Passionate, collaborative and fun teammates.
- Flexible vacation and work schedule.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Robots, galore!
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We don’t just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we know it benefits our employees, our products, our partners, and our community. We encourage individuals to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit. At RightHand Robotics, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.