At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team designing and building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our growing hardware team as a Electrical Controls Engineer.
- Interact with customers and our solutions designers to understand the workflows and material flows used in e-commerce warehouses and will design the electrical interfaces to external equipment like sorters and conveyors.
- Design, select, and validate electrical components to integrate our robots into the material handling systems in these facilities.
- Help integrate new robot platforms to work with our technology.
- Be part of a diverse team with expertise spanning hardware, software and solutions design, and can expect regular interaction with members of the engineering, business, and deployment teams.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar field experience
- 5+ years experience in industrial automation or controls engineering
- Proficiency with system-level component selection and validation:
- Connectors, cables, wiring harnesses
- Power supplies and wiring
- External peripherals (sensors, encoders, remote I/O etc.)
- Relays, solid state switches, and isolation techniques
- Safety relays, light curtains, area scanners, safety PLCs, and other safety devices
- The ability to collaborate with solutions designers, deployment engineers, integrators, and customers to execute multiple simultaneous high-stakes projects
- Excellent CAD, written and verbal communication skills
- The flexibility to work on more than one project at a time, managing and communicating progress with regard to agreed upon timelines and priorities
- To travel occasionally (including internationally) to meet with customers and partners as needed
- Programming experience with robot controllers, PLCs, microcontrollers, or other embedded devices
- Previous exposure to PLM and PDM tools and processes for revision control of engineering documentation
- International Standards for industrial controls
Our perks include:
- Flexible vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.