RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to solve the biggest problem in ecommerce logistics: how to fulfill orders, despite demand that’s growing at six times the rate of available labor. Our cutting-edge robotic picking systems manipulate hundreds of thousands of items -- it’s a software-driven, hardware-enabled technology that meets the increasing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment and other industries.
As the team scales, we're looking for an experienced manager to lead a significant portion of our software development team. The ideal candidate will be an effective servant leader who is able to manage apolitically, and act as a catalyst for team success. In addition to people management aspects of the job, this manager will have technical responsibility for specific portions of the code base.
- Are collaborative by nature
- Are a transparent communicator
- Enjoy challenges and solving problems
- Are a self-starter
- Enjoy a face-paced start-up environment
- Are ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities
- Have a “get stuff done” attitude
- Directly manage a team of ~10 developers
- Coach the team in Agile values, principles, and practices
- Hire world class team members
- Manage software projects through the entire development lifecycle
- Collaborate with product owners and product managers to write user stories, and prioritize them for the team
- Influence future product/program direction
- Provide technical consulting to teams
- MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or BS and equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of software development experience, experiencing bringing products from concept to production
- 5+ years experience in project and people management
- Strong knowledge and experience in agile development practices methodologies and tools, specifically, Scrum.
- Robotics experience
- Python expertise
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Prior start-up experience
- Experience with Atlassian products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
Our perks include:
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in an early stage company with lots of potential
- Passionate and fun teammates
- Flexible vacation and work schedule
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.