RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to solve the biggest problem in ecommerce logistics: how to fulfill orders, despite demand that’s growing at six times the rate of available labor. Our cutting-edge robotic picking systems manipulate hundreds of thousands of items -- it’s a software-driven, hardware-enabled technology that meets the increasing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment and other industries.
We’re looking for a Senior Vision and Machine Learning Engineer.
Our Software, Research and Development team -- is seeking a Senior Vision and Machine Learning Engineer to join the team. In this role you will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining our proprietary suite of pixel-level, geometric, and data-driven vision algorithms (e.g., calibration, 3D reconstruction, object detection) in our multi-camera system. These algorithms are the foundation that enables our fleet of robots to precisely interact with its workspace. This provides an opportunity to have a major impact on our product by contributing software that regularly ships to all of our customers.
- Develop and maintain new image processing and computer vision algorithms to improve the RightPick piece-picking system
- Work directly with our robots at RHR’s headquarters to prototype and validate algorithms
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to deploy your solutions to address customer needs
- A Masters degree in machine learning, computer vision or closely-related discipline with a minimum 15 years professional experience (or a PhD with minimum 10 years professional experience)
- 5+ years software engineering experience in both C++ and Python
- Experience in a production software development environment (version control, automated testing, build tools)
- Extensive knowledge of deep learning algorithm development and experimentation
- Strong linear algebra and geometry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in classical vision algorithms (feature extraction and matching, structure from motion, calibration, 3D reconstruction, segmentation)
- Experience with TensorFlow and Keras
- Experience with numpy, OpenCV, PCL and working with point cloud data
- Experience with RGB-depth cameras
- Production-grade software development
- Passionate and fun teammates.
- Flexible vacation and work schedule.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Robots, galore!
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We don’t just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we know it benefits our employees, our products, our partners, and our community. We encourage individuals to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit. At RightHand Robotics, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.