As a Ridgeline Staff/Senior Staff Software Engineer on our Portfolio Accounting team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build high-quality, complex, industry defining applications. Our team of engineers are building from scratch in cutting edge technologies in a fast-moving, creative, progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own genius, passion, and interests to the software development lifecycle.
What you will do?
- Contribute accounting domain knowledge, design skills, and technical expertise to a team where design, strategy, and engineering collaborate closely
- Be involved in the entire software development process, from requirements and design reviews through the implementation of a new Investment Accounting product
- Impact a developing tech stack based on AWS back-end services
- Participate in the creation and construction of developer-based automation that leads to scalable, high-quality applications customers will depend on to run their businesses
- Coach, mentor, and inspire teams of product engineers that are responsible for delivering high performing, secure enterprise applications
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 4+ years building web front-ends using technologies like React and Typescript
- Experience building cloud native applications on AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Willingness to learn about new technologies while simultaneously developing expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Understand the value of automated tests at all levels
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a big-picture long term perspective
- An aptitude for complex problem-solving
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- 3+ years experience engineering in Portfolio Accounting or Reconciliation
- Understanding of AWS services and infrastructure
- Experience with Docker or containerization
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience in Java or Kotlin
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.