You thrive on solving enterprise-level problems and managing modern cloud SaaS applications is in your wheelhouse. You want the opportunity to play a key role in developing a best in class Infrastructure and Operations organization. To build from the ground up and to rethink the way we build and deploy applications. You want to build a resilient platform that will stand the test of time.
If this resonates with you, perhaps you're one of us.
Our infrastructure and operations engineering team designs and builds a foundation to rapidly deploy microservices with a cloud-native and multi-tenanted architecture built on top of AWS. We're looking for expertise operating cloud architectures at scale, building deployment systems to enable engineering teams to work efficiently, and serious interest in having fun.
This role will be based at one of our offices in Reno, NV, Incline Village, NV or New York, NY.
What will you do?
- Build software and contribute business insight, design skills, and technical expertise to a team where design, strategy, and engineering collaborate closely
- Work across several products and teams to build deployment systems, frameworks, tools, and utilities to streamline operational efficiency for Ridgeline and our customers
- Impact a developing tech stack based on modern front-end frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS back-end services
- Be involved in the entire API driven software development process, from requirements gathering and design reviews to implementation of a new product
- Work directly with customers to capture, manage, and prioritize key business and operational metrics and translate their needs to the engineering team
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role or similar function, with a track record of building, maintaining, and launching software running on AWS
- A self-motivated and strong collaborator, with the ability to manage expectations and conflicting needs
- Experience with Networking (AWS VPC) or Databases (RDS Aurora)
- Expertise coding in Python, Typescript, NodeJS, or Go
- Ability to build, deploy and scale software using microservice-based architectures
- Experience with common CI/CD tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Git, Chef
- Experience building Infrastructure as Code using tools like Terraform and CloudFormation
- Willingness to learn about cutting-edge technologies while cultivating expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Ability to engage with engineering, product management, professional services, and strategy teams to help establish and achieve team goals
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements to develop and enhance existing products
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- A commitment to making sure customer needs prevail over egos, politics, and assumptions
- Computer science, information science technical, or related degree
- Know your way around the UNIX command line
- Certifications in AWS or Linux
- Experience with working with operations teams in the financial services industry
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience managing multi-tenanted cloud SaaS applications.
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $165,000-$200,000. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.