Ridgeline is on the hunt for an enthusiastic and curious Security Operations Engineer. As a Security Operations Engineer at Ridgeline, you’ll partner with our Compliance, Privacy, IT and Development teams to respond, maintain and implement secure solutions. You will develop and maintain tools, detections, automations and runbooks to support rapid detection, triage, analysis, and response to potential security threats. Additional responsibilities include creating operational metrics, identifying and communicating changes to existing processes and procedures, as well as collaborating with internal and external teams. You will drive, and teach cloud security best practices, methodologies, and ensure that our cloud security strategy complies with industry standards and regulations while driving strategic and tactical security initiatives.
This position requires passion for automation, detection and response plus close collaboration and partnership with our Engineering/DevOps, Product Management, and Development organizations. Your role is just as much teaching and bringing those around you on the cloud security journey as it is doing the work. We believe in a culture where security is everyone's responsibility and an integral part of Development and DevOps.
In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Security Officer and be a key contributor to building out our product and infrastructure as well as our security team.
At this time, Ridgeline does not sponsor work visas.
What you will do:
- Develop, implement, and manage security auditing and monitoring tooling
- Monitor and respond to security events
- Develop and implement security automation tooling
- Administer and manage network and infrastructure security within the cloud and corporate deployments
- Ensure security best practices are adhered to in the cloud and corporate infrastructures
- Participate in evaluation and deployment of security solutions
- Partner with Compliance, Privacy to support audit and compliance requirements
- Partner with development and engineering teams to respond and address security alerts and vulnerabilities
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
- Act as an escalation point for IT for security related topics
- Provide security support for access management across all aspects of the company
- Participate in the incident response process
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience as a professional security engineer or cloud engineer
- Programming experience with languages such as Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience in securing and monitoring SaaS / cloud applications
- Security in serverless architecture and application designs
- AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting) in cloud architectures
- IAM (Identity and Access Management) in cloud architectures
- Authentication protocols (OAuth, SAML, LDAP, etc.)
- Network security (firewalling, intrusion prevention, web application firewalling, etc).
- Data encryption and key management
- Familiarity with zero trust security models
- Security tooling for corporate environments and remote access
- Triaging and responding to security events
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Serious interest in having fun at work
These company core values guide our collective and individual behavior, decisions, relationships, and points of view: Employees, Customers, Integrity, Innovation, Fun, and Profitability. If these values frame what’s important to you, perhaps you’re one of us.
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Please contact email@example.com for additional information.