Ridgeline is on the hunt for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer. As a Cloud Security Engineer at Ridgeline, you will be directly responsible for the security of Ridgeline’s cloud environments and will focus on architecting, developing, and implementing secure solutions within these environments. You will own, drive, and teach cloud security best practices and methodologies. And you will ensure that our cloud development, deployment, and methodologies comply with industry standards and regulations.
This position requires close collaboration and partnership with our Engineering/DevOps, Product Management, and Development organizations. Your role is just as much teaching and bringing those around you on the cloud security journey as it is doing the work. We believe in a culture where security is everyone's responsibility and an integral part of Development and DevOps.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and deploy strong security controls and tooling into cloud infrastructure
- Ensure security best practices as adhered to in the cloud infrastructure
- Develop and implement security automation into deployment pipelines and tooling
- Define and manage network, infrastructure, and service security within the cloud deployments
- Develop, implement, and manage security auditing and monitoring
- Evaluate the security of any third party or natively provided cloud tools and services
- Partner with, train, and empower peers in the Development and DevOps teams
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a professional security engineer or cloud engineer
- Strong development experience in at least one high-level programming language, Python experience preferred
- Experience with writing infrastructure-as-code, Terraform experience preferred
- Strong, hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically AWS Network Configurations, IAM, Lambda, container services, and AWS deployment pipelines
- Hands on experience implementing various security services in AWS
- Strong experience designing and implementing Authentication and Authorization strategies in cloud architectures
- Strong experience designing and implementing data encryption and key management strategies in cloud architectures
- Ability to evaluate Cloud environment configurations for security issues and provide proper remediation strategies
- An aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Experience implementing security in serverless architecture and application designs
- Familiarity with various Network security core controls (firewalling, intrusion prevention, web application firewalling, etc.)
- Contributions to the security community such as research, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, and blogs or publications
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary tech entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to apply his successful formula of solving operational business challenges with bold innovation and human connectivity to the unique needs of the investment management industry.
Ridgeline started with a clean sheet of paper and a deep bench of experts bound by a set of core values and motivated to revolutionize an industry underserved by its current tech offerings. We are building a new, modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry and we are prioritizing security, agility, and usability to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, NV and Manhattan, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, Glassdoor, and Northern Nevada as a “Best Place to Work” and by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup.”
Ridgeline is a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Ridgeline requires all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19, consistent with applicable law. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact Ridgeline to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Ridgeline is able to offer.