As a Ridgeline Software Engineer, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build high-quality, creative business applications in a fast-moving, progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own genius, passion, and interests to the software development lifecycle. This role is based in our Lake Tahoe or NYC office.
At this time, Ridgeline does not sponsor work visas.
What will you do?
- Contribute business insight, design skills, and technical expertise to a team where design, strategy, and engineering collaborate closely
- Be involved in the entire software development process, from requirements and design reviews through the implementation of a new product
- Impact a developing tech stack based on modern front-end frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS back-end services
- Participate in the creation and construction of developer-based automation that leads to scalable, high-quality applications customers will depend on to run their businesses
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a software engineering role post graduation (this is not a new grad role)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and architectural patterns
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages: Golang, Python, Java
- Willingness to learn about new technologies while simultaneously developing expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Understand the value of automated tests at all levels
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a big-picture perspective
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Experience building responsive Web interfaces using frameworks such as React and Redux
- Understanding of building back-end infrastructure using AWS offerings such as Aurora, Lambda, and S3
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Background in design, economics, or business
Ridgeline was founded by Dave Duffield (co-founder and former CEO of both PeopleSoft and Workday) in late 2017 to develop enterprise software for the investment management industry. We are building an end-to-end cloud platform on a modern infrastructure using AWS, serverless technologies, and working with modern frameworks
Headquartered in the Lake Tahoe Basin with an office in the heart of Manhattan, Ridgeline employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the tranquility of Lake Tahoe and the energy of the country's financial epicenter.
Our unconditional commitment to our customers and each other creates an environment of respect, trust, and collaboration; we lift each other up in the pursuit of shared goals. If this people-first perspective is important to you, perhaps you're one of us.
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.