Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
- Be an invited guest to dinner - Everything we do is in the service of the customer.
- Be a (home) owner - If we see a problem, we address it head on without assuming someone else will do it.
- Break new ground - We challenge conventional wisdom to create clever solutions and break down the walls.
- Foster greatness - We grow and inspire the team around us to constantly make Ribbon better.
- Engage with intellectual humility - We become our best selves through rigorous debate and adjusting opinions based on new information.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Lead the team to focus on the most impactful projects that empower the entire company to help homebuyers, sellers, agents, lenders, and the entire housing ecosystem.
- Work closely with the engineers on the team to help us execute on the most impactful initiatives
- Work closely with functions across the company whom we serve as customers (operations, finance and risk, growth, engineering).
- Set broad vision, influence engineering and strategy, and establish practices to address customer needs
What we're looking for:
- Product judgment - You make the right calls in product decisions based on deep user empathy, data, and your product instincts.
- Leadership - You can inspire the team, resolve conflicts, and create alignment. People want to follow you to build great products.
- Business acumen - Ribbon is a complex business. You will need to understand the whole business so you can drive the best product decisions.
- Data chops - You should be a natural at diving into the metrics through our data tools, as well as choose the right metrics to set the team up for success.
- Technical knowledge - You should understand how the technology works so you not only understand the complexity and cost to build things, but also see the potential things we could build that other, less technical PMs can't.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience (6+ years preferred)
- 4+ years as a Product Manager at a strong technology company
- Build world-class complex products, ideally with a strong operations component or internal tools
- Deep technical knowledge of how software works and what's difficult and what's possible
- Interest in working on a product platform-focused team building tools and services for internal and external customers
- Experience building internal tools, infrastructure, especially financial and payments tools, is a plus
- Software engineering experience is a huge plus
Read more about our engineering culture here!
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.