Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
- Be an invited guest to dinner - Everything we do is in the service of the customer.
- Be a (home) owner - If we see a problem, we address it head on without assuming someone else will do it.
- Break new ground - We challenge conventional wisdom to create clever solutions and break down the walls.
- Foster greatness - We grow and inspire the team around us to constantly make Ribbon better.
- Engage with intellectual humility - We become our best selves through rigorous debate and adjusting opinions based on new information.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Build and shape our internal products that directly impact the business
- Work with world-class engineers to build a massively impactful product
- Build or choose the tools that will help us iterate very quickly on product
- Understand our internal stakeholders and their workflow to figure out what we should be building and how we should build it
- Build and maintain our internal web application and internal mobile application (React Native)
What we're looking for:
- Product thinking - The ability to think about what we’re building from the customer point of view. To build the best products, the engineering team must empathize and build products with the customer in mind.
- JS expert - You should be an expert at JS and lead the technological decisions and client architecture. We expect you to lay the groundwork for future client side development by other engineers.
- Full stack - Comfortable moving up and down the stack. It matters less that you know the exact frameworks and tools that we use, but you must be willing and able to learn very quickly. We also mean full stack across other functions outside engineering - you should be excited to understand the entire business and learn from customers.
- Excellent judgment - We’re an early stage start up and need to move fast, but home transactions are high stakes and we need to be compliant. We need you to understand when to move faster and when to take the time to get it right.
- Craftsmanship - You care about writing good code and building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you know what perfect means and how to get there when we need to.
- Built production ready web applications
- Ability to judge when to build in-house vs using a 3rd-party library
- Built server side API to be consumed by client side applications
- Understanding of security pitfalls in web applications
- Made significant technological decisions and stuck around to deal with the consequences
- Worked in an environment with fast iteration cycles, ideally with continuous integration
- Rapid prototyping experience and know when to evolve prototypes to a production-ready state
- Experience in building internal applications
- Experience in cloud infrastructure
- Experience in react native
- Experience in web authentication (oauth2, JWT)
Interested? Read more about our engineering culture here!
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.