Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
- Be an invited guest to dinner - Everything we do is in the service of the customer.
- Be a (home) owner - If we see a problem, we address it head on without assuming someone else will do it.
- Break new ground - We challenge conventional wisdom to create clever solutions and break down the walls.
- Foster greatness - We grow and inspire the team around us to constantly make Ribbon better.
- Engage with intellectual humility - We become our best selves through rigorous debate and adjusting opinions based on new information.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Build and shape our mobile/iOS apps which will become our key customer experience
- Work with world-class engineers to build an impactful product
- Understand customers to figure out what we should be building and how we should build it
What we're looking for:
- Product thinking - The ability to think about what we’re building from the customer point of view. To build the best products, the engineering team must empathize and build products with the customer in mind.
- Craftsmanship - You care about writing well-structured code and building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you prioritize writing clean code with the right abstractions.
- Mobile expert - You should be an expert at iOS and lead the technological decisions and client architecture. We expect you to lay the groundwork for future mobile development by other engineers.
- Built world-class iOS apps in Swift
- Have led a team of mobile engineers
- Understanding and focused on building high quality mobile UI experiences
- Knowledge of mobile release and test engineering best-practices
- Some server-side experience, especially with Django for bonus points
- Understanding of security pitfalls in mobile applications
- Made significant technological decisions and stuck around to deal with the consequences
- Worked in an environment with fast iteration cycles, ideally with continuous integration
- Ability to rapidly prototype and knowing when to evolve prototypes to a production-ready state
Interested? Read more about our engineering culture here!
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.