Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
- Be an invited guest to dinner - Everything we do is in the service of the customer.
- Be a (home) owner - If we see a problem, we address it head on without assuming someone else will do it.
- Break new ground - We challenge conventional wisdom to create clever solutions and break down the walls.
- Foster greatness - We grow and inspire the team around us to constantly make Ribbon better.
- Engage with intellectual humility - We become our best selves through rigorous debate and adjusting opinions based on new information.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques
- Leverage models to address key challenges such as improving home valuation accuracy, matching homebuyers with homes, and risk modeling.
- Work closely with product engineering to generate datasets based off of Ribbon product activity and propose new product features to collect unique data to help make the homebuying experience more magical for our customers.
- Conceptualize, design and build data-fueled insights to help improve analytics for prospects and customers
What we're looking for:
- Communication - Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment - We’re an early stage start up and need to move fast, but home transactions are high stakes and we need to be compliant. We need you to understand when to move faster and when to take the time to get it right.
- Craftsmanship - You care about writing good code and building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you know what perfect means and how to get there when we need to.
- Ownership mentality - Every engineer & product at Ribbon will rely on the APIs and services you’ll build. You’re excited about working with engineering stakeholders to build robust and reliable services.
- Knowledge of and experience using one or more of machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, sklearn, pytorch to build production-ready models
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience using data tools such as Spark and Airflow for bonus points
- Ability to design and implement novel analytical approaches in response to open-ended problems
- Experience in driving real world product or feature decisions based on your analysis
Interested? Read more about our engineering culture here!
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.