Content Marketing Manager
Rhythm is a renewable energy and technology company empowering you to take control of your budget and your footprint. We combine energy market expertise with technology, design, and data science to create best-in-class products and services that are simple, delightful, and seamlessly integrated with the rhythm of your life. We are seeking a passionate Content Marketing Manager to drive strategy and execution for our marketing team. This is the perfect opportunity for an individual looking to make a measurable impact on a brand as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative group.
Role and Responsibilities
As the Content Marketing Manager, you’ll be charged with helping to build brand awareness and engagement, amplify brand storytelling, drive content creation and develop strategic partnerships, all while bringing delight to our consumers and community. You will lead content development for our site, blog and social channels (in the early days of your tenure), working closely with creative partners to concept and deliver against monthly calendars. You will think strategically about Rhythm’s content footprint, stay abreast of trends, emerging technology, and new platforms, and ensure that Rhythm is leveraging the right channels to build and engage our base of prospects and users. You will:
- Establish a content marketing strategy that delivers on a range of business objectives, from building brand awareness to driving content engagement across all channels and serve as a content creator and leader.
- Create strategies and develop plans for social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, NextDoor) in line with business priorities at the beginning of your tenure.
- Own multi-platform social media content calendar by developing post ideas, themes, and real-time opportunities.
- Work with the digital team to produce content that supports SEO initiatives and is digital first.
- Recruit and manage contract writers, designers, video editors and more to produce content in various formats.
- Edit, proofread and improve content with an eye to detail, messaging, and voice.
- Coordinate process for content stakeholder approval; confirm stakeholders’ feedback as needed
- Schedule and publish all posts on owned social media accounts, acting as the last check and demonstrating good judgment of the brand voice at the beginning of your tenure.
- Analyze and report on social media performance and content, social media listening, and creative analysis.
- Passion for renewable energy, sustainability, or energy efficiency a plus
- Fluency in both speaking and writing Spanish, a plus
- 10+ years of experience writing and editing content of all types with strong command on content and social best practices.
- Editorial mindset with an ability to create and iterate based on customer preferences and data.
- Ability to make the complex simple – experience in energy, healthcare, financial services, technology preferred
- Ability to set goals, determine priorities, plan, organize and follow through on key initiatives
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- A creative and curious mind that wants to find compelling story in the product and in our customer base
- BS degree in Marketing, New media, Journalism or relevant field
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Rhythm is headquartered in Houston, Texas with second office opening NYC area 2021
- Preference will be given to candidates in Houston or NY
- Travel required <25%
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Complete benefits package, including PTO, Medical, 401k, HSA/FSA, etc.