Senior Data & Analytics Strategist
The Senior Data and Analytics Strategist represents the data and analytics thinking and point of view on our brand engagements. They define the data-driven, multi-source analytics approach to develop audience and behavioral insights that will power strategic recommendations and solutions that answer our client’s challenges and needs. They develop a measurement strategy to define success metrics and tracking requirements, and they think through how data can be used to personalize experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop end-to-end data strategy solutions for clients by bringing a hybrid lens of analytical thinking and creative strategy to develop audience insights, inform creative campaign concepting, and define the measurement and testing optimization approach, as well as the reporting strategy
- Be an ambassador for using data to inform action and power consumer experiences
- Lead, own and grow data and analytics offering within the assigned portfolio of new and existing clients
- Develop, evolve and deepen partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Clearly articulate and present insights and strategies rooted in data, contributing to the overall growth of client relationships and breadth of work.
- Experience in related digital roles at a digital agency, major brand, publisher, consulting firm, financial, retail/e-commerce, etc..
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across disciplines and identify appropriate data sources and analyses to build an approach that will result in actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
- Ability to clean, wrangle, analyze and visualize data sets large and small, from a variety of sources including audience panels, marketing performance and conversations, organic search behaviors, CRM, site behavior and pathing, e-comm, and company financial data.
- Take the lead to articulate and present insights and recommendations to creative and technical teams alike to inform strategy.
- A problem solver, able to really listen and understand clients’ business questions, translate the business requirements into a learning agenda, identify the best and innovative approaches with data, and get creative with our analytics approach when necessary.
Experience working in the following areas is desired:
- Developing data-driven personas or audience segmentation to inform product or campaign strategy
- Informing user journeys with audience and channel insights
- Analyzing paid media and search performance to identify growth opportunities and topical opportunities for content
Experience working with the following data/tools to develop insights is desired:
- Website or app behavior and pathing - Adobe Analytics (Omniture) or Google Analytics
- A/B or multivariate testing - with Optimizely or similar
- Audience segmentation and research - MRI, GWI, comScore, Simmons
- Social conversation analysis social listening platforms - such as NetBase, Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, etc.
- Organic social and search performance (not media campaign performance) - through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram APIs or scraped post-level data
WHAT IT TAKES
- Able to quickly adapt to new or unfamiliar tools, data sets/sources, and problems
- Have a flexible attitude in shifting environments
- Be naturally curious and are a strong presenter
- Equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Work quickly but accurately, either as oversight or doing the work yourself
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues across many disciplines
- Able to nurture client relationships by representing the agency as a data expert