The Director of Production at Rhythm leads and manages a team of Producers/Project Managers in a fast-paced environment executing exciting projects for a diverse set of clients. The focus of this role is to ensure client work is delivered on time and within budget.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for partnering in overall account leadership with agency Strategists to develop executive level client relationships that positions Rhythm as a strategic and innovative agency
- Overseeing producers/project managers in their efforts working with strategy, technology and creative teams from beginning to end of each engagement’s life cycle and the larger client relationship
- Overseeing teams assigned to client relationship(s), facilitating account growth, department staffing and allocations, client satisfaction, prioritization of all deliverables, and ensuring quality of work meets Rhythm’s agency standards.
- When needed, be able to develop project statements of work, involving people at the optimal levels for project success and overall account utilization (goals, deliverables, schedule, budget, resources)
- Participate in negotiating statements of work and service level agreements, making sure work is delivered on budget, and responsible for positive cash-flow (invoicing, receivables, etc)
- Leading the training/mentoring of producers/project managers on production methodology, financial processes, and project management skills
- Lead weekly project burn meetings
- Serving as an escalation point for all teams, and clients, when it comes to the internal process of a project
- Think quickly under pressure, as well as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results
- Conduct regular meetings with Traffic Manager to help coordinate individual and global project resources
- Attend new project internal kickoff meetings
- Attend weekly company management meetings
- Attend weekly company sales pipeline meetings
- Lead department team meetings
- Escalate issues when appropriate with various departments and/or management team
- Monitor department capacity and determine when to hire new part-time and full-time employees
- Perform project management duties on client projects as needed
- Attend business development pitches and deal sheet meetings as needed
- 10+ years in the Digital Agency industry or related experience, developing interactive projects and clients
- Demonstrated experience running large engagements with middle market to enterprise clients or equivalent experience, overseeing a large portfolio of projects
- Experience with various projects types, including responsive websites, mobile/tablet applications, video, brand, and strategic consulting
- Experience strategy, design, and product development experience
- Digital marketing communication experience
- Able to manage interdisciplinary teams
- Proven experience managing million dollar+ accounts successfully
- Proven experience managing P&L and compliance processes
- Must have strong presentation, verbal and written skills
- Ability to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client
- Excellent negotiation skills (especially contract negotiations) with both clients and partners
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Deep understanding of project management best practices, workflow and infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of web development technologies. Knowledge of quality assurance process is required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
WHAT IT TAKES
This person is a mentor and coordinator for their team, helping assess and head-off red flags and set best practices for projects across the agency. You must have a passion for the strategy, creative and technology practice and be able to sell through innovative ideas to the client. The Director of Production oversees implementation from end-to-end and is an inspirational leader on both client and internal sides of the fence to deliver this work with the best quality possible.
In addition to all other tasks, The Director of Production is a member of the agency management team. They are responsible for their team members’ career satisfaction and growth. They conduct performance reviews with their direct reports and are responsible for the overall performance and P&L of the agency.
Rhythm is an Irvine based performance focused agency striving to develop innovative solutions through research and data. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Code and Theory under the Stagwell Group, Rhythm develops and executes customer focused initiatives to achieve client ROI goals. We work in a broad range of industries, including health, real estate, finance services, automotive and food and beverage.