At Rhumbix, we are a close-knit group of people who place a lot of value on creativity, trust, and transparency and we are looking for an amazing office manager to join us in January 2018!
In this role you will be solely responsible for all things office – from vendor management to planning events to supply orders. As a small team, we are looking for someone who not only knows how to do the job, but who also cares about their impact, growth, and giving their best. There is endless room for growth in this role whether you are a career OM or are just getting your foot in the door.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the co-founders, the Office Manager will be the face of the company and will help to maintain and build the culture as we grow. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, can keep cool under pressure, values a work environment that fosters teamwork and can also work autonomously. You will have total ownership of this role and we are looking for someone who is ready to take the reins!
- Office Environment and Vendor Management – The core of the office manager role is the general environment and vibe of the office. As the OM, you will be responsible for ensuring the space is clean, functional, and stocked with necessary supplies. You’ll also be in charge of maintaining our key vendor relationships.
- Culture Ambassador – Every Rhumbix employee plays a part in building our culture and as office manager you will play a core role at keeping the energy up and making Rhumbix a fun place to work.
- Administrative Tasks – You will be responsible for things like answering the front door and greeting guests and candidates, helping the EA onboard and offboard employees, ordering business cards, and ensuring there are necessary office supplies
- Events – We have a handful of events each month and your support on managing logistics, communications, and details on these events will be a big help!
- Other Projects – As projects or one-off requests pop up, we’ll turn to you to help. Sometimes it might be helping the EA with special projects or executive support, scheduling candidates, putting an art project together, or furniture shopping.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of experience as an office assistant / manager
- Experience in with MS Office, Google Suite, and event planning a plus
- Must be a self starter with a get-it-done attitude
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Attention to detail, problem solving skills, and a creative mind with a willingness to suggest improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills