Full Time – San Francisco, CA
Rhumbix is a technology company in the construction industry dedicated to building tools for the craft workforce. We are looking for an entrepreneurial engineer who is up for the challenge of building our awesome products and improving our engineering practices. At its core, our system aggregates data from mobile devices deployed on construction sites in order to provide real-time data and analytics.
Who you are:
- You have a strong understanding of the basics and are eager to learn.
- You are not frightened by working on unfamiliar things and with new technologies, you are excited by it.
- You want to work in an environment where learning, self-improvement, and personal and professional development are not only encouraged, but an important and necessary part of the job.
What will you do:
- Crank out features while maintaining cleanliness and order in the codebase. When you touch a piece of code, you leave it better than you found it.
- Learn how to improve our codebase, process, and architecture from your peers and implement these improvements effectively. There is nothing in the Rhumbix system that you are not supposed to touch.
- You can start with any one of our platforms (Django, iOS, or Android) depending on your existing skill sets, but you are expected to ramp up with and be comfortable on all of them.
- Bounce ideas off of your fellow developers in design sessions, review others’ code, suggest and prioritize features, and express and defend your convictions.
- Walk to AT&T Park to watch SF Giants games and participate in our off-site team building events.