Rhombus is purposefully transforming defense and national security enterprises with Guardian, its Artificial Intelligence platform for strategic, operational, and tactical decision-making at the speed of relevance.
We are looking for people who are driven by a sense of purpose. In this role, you will serve as a Strategic Intelligence Analyst (Japanese Language) to help solve and answer our customers’ most complex and unique intelligence questions and problems. You will support our ultimate client in the defence industry as they subscribe for one of our products (Ambient AI).
Ambient is a solution that provides anticipatory warning of emerging threats using open-source data only.
The candidate’s role will be to answer the questions our clients have with regards to our product, coordinate and plan training sessions supported by our expert team here in the US, and interface with our team and client in Japan on at least a daily basis. Hence, the candidate needs to have native fluency in Japanese excellent fluency in English.
Come join our cross-disciplinary and world-class team of technologists who are working hard every day to deliver game-changing solutions to transform national security.
Washington, DC or Palo Alto, CA
You will be expected to travel internationally approximately 10 percent of the time.
- You must be able to write and speak Japanese fluently. A native or close to native proficiency is required.
- You must be able to write and speak English fluently. A native proficiency is required.
As a Strategic Intelligence Analyst (SIA) at Rhombus, you will work as a member of the Strategic Intelligence Team, which is part of our Analysis Department. Our SIA’s regularly write reports, and brief to company executives and our clients. You are expected to represent Rhombus internally and externally, and to represent how our solutions help answer our customers' most difficult intelligence questions.
As an SIA, you will transform Rhombus Guardian's unique AI-derived raw data into meaningful and critical, single and all-source intelligence reports that help advance US and Allies national security priorities. Our data is fused with regional, functional, technical expertise, and a myriad of open-source information.
There is ample opportunity to grow within the Analysis Department, and we are currently hiring for a wide range of experience levels.
- Identify intelligence gaps, evaluate information from multiple sources (including Rhombus unique AI-derived data) monitor trends and interpret events related to geographies and/or issues.
- Create, write, and publish single and all-source intelligence products that help answer our customer’s most complex intelligence questions.
- Discover, and analyse raw open-source data streams that compliment Rhombus’ raw data or can help in solution development.
- Conduct intelligence analysis on raw data using a myriad of open-source tools and proprietary approaches.
- Brief finished all-source intelligence products.
- Answer in oral and written format all intelligence-related tasking from the Senior Intelligence Officer, Vice President of Operations, and other senior Rhombus leaders.
- Mentor junior intelligence analyst on writing, briefing, and analytical tradecraft.
- Identify collection and data requirements.
- Advance Rhombus’ national security solutions (applications) by providing methodological improvements and fixes that drive product development.
- At minimum, BA or BS in International Affairs, Political Science, Economics, or similar social science.
- Experience with Intelligence writing
- Experience with producing (from raw to finished) all-source and single-source intelligence products, including graphics, is highly preferred.
- Technical intelligence and data analysis skillsets including, geospatial & signals analysis, Python, STATA, or R is highly desired.
- Comfortable using and developing qualitative and quantitative analytical methodologies.
- Experience providing briefings on highly complex national security topics is preferred, but not required.
- We’re looking for candidates with proven analytical skills, are excited to solve problems, and have excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- SIA’s are expected to plan work, be flexible under demand, and meet deadlines.
Rhombus Power Inc. (Rhombus) is a NASA Research Park startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We use cutting-edge cross-disciplinary approaches to solve pressing Big Data and Sensing problems in security, energy, and healthcare. Our advisory board includes two Nobel Laureates and a Draper Prize winner.
Rhombus compensates, motivates, and develops employees, who are trusted, empowered, and involved. Employees have clear roles and expectations – and their roles are flexible enough to move at the speed of innovation to meet and exceed client expectations. We have a unique culture of global purpose, rooted in the innovation and progress of Silicon Valley.
Rhombus knows that diversity is a condition for success. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.