We are looking for people who are driven by a sense of purpose. In this role, you will serve as a Data Scientist to solve our customer’s uniquely complex problems. We expect you to be a systems-level thinker and a real doer. You will excel in this role if you are hungry to make a difference and are intellectually bold. And we sure hope that you smile when you hear our clients say, “If we can dream it, Rhombus can do it.”
Come join our cross-disciplinary and world-class team of technologists who are working hard every day to deliver game-changing solutions to transform national security.
As a Data Scientist at Rhombus you will work with our Product team. You will design, develop, and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines to move, analyze, and model data and to provide intuitive analytics from Rhombus’ large and complex datasets. A strong systematic mind is a priority, as well as the ability to communicate clearly in multiple technical contexts. The ideal candidate should be passionate about finding insights in large datasets, while maintaining attention to database architecture, data reliability, efficiency, and quality. As we are continually releasing new features and products, the ability to construct elegant system-level data architecture is expected.
- Discover datasets that could help in solution development
- Data curation, analysis, quantitative modeling
- Validation and quality assurance of data, models and results
- Deploy and implement solutions in collaboration with product team
- Interact with the product team on current and upcoming user requirements
- Masters or Ph.D. in Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering, especially numerical methods and simulations – we have multiple openings
- Strong background in database management solutions, familiarity with databases such as MySQL and Oracle
- Large-scale data processing and implementing batch processing pipelines in HPC or cloud architecture
- Background in Statistics is expected, and Experience with Machine Learning is a bonus
- Experience with Cloud Computing environments (AWS, GCloud, Azure) is a plus
- Omaha, Nebraska
Rhombus Power Inc. (Rhombus) is a NASA Research Park startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley at Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto. We use cutting-edge cross-disciplinary approaches to solve pressing Big Data and Sensing problems in security, energy and healthcare. Our advisory board includes two Nobel Laureates and a Draper Prize winner.
Rhombus compensates, motivates, and develops employees, who are trusted, empowered, and involved. Employees have clear roles and expectations – and their roles are flexible enough to move at the speed of innovation in order to meet and exceed client expectations. We have a unique culture of global purpose, rooted in the innovation and progress of Silicon Valley.
Rhombus knows that diversity is a condition for success. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.