Rhombus is purposefully transforming the nation’s defense and national security enterprises with Guardian, its Artificial Intelligence platform for strategic, operational, and tactical decision-making at the speed of relevance.
We are looking for people who are driven by a sense of purpose. In this role, you will serve as an Operations Director (Software) to solve our customer’s uniquely complex problems. We expect you to be a systems-level thinker and a real doer. You will excel in this role if you are hungry to make a difference and are intellectually bold. And we sure hope that you smile when you hear our clients say, “If we can dream it, Rhombus can do it.”
Come join our cross-disciplinary and world-class team of technologists who are working hard every day to deliver game-changing solutions to transform national security.
Mountain View, California
The Technical Operations Director will operate in a fast-moving environment, managing and tracking a variety of diverse operational, logistical, and strategic responsibilities. You will report to Rhombus’ Vice President of Operations and will be expected to communicate and drive the operating cadence, continuously seeking to improve quality, delivery, and effectiveness. You will manage and oversee overall technical team performance to ensure that product features and delivery are tightly coordinated.
Candidates are expected to be self-starters and passionate problem solvers, with excellent interpersonal skills and the natural ability to form trusted partnerships with senior leaders and cross-functional teams. You're exceptional at multi-tasking, communication, and renowned for getting things done - with high quality.
- Drive efforts to continually increase effectiveness of our technical teams (e.g., diagnosing team pain points and executing changes to address, creating scalable processes, strengthening decision-making, anticipating needs, improving access to information), and most of all, adapting to the new needs of a growing and evolving company.
- Play a conductor role - drive operational cadences and calendars and continuously seek new ways to make processes run smoother.
- Run complex projects, as needed, ranging from highly strategic to highly operational. In some situations, you may be asked to drive the work from ideation through completion; in other situations, you may be asked to advise/coach others to execute.
- Support various budget and administrative responsibilities.
- Work to establish new processes, documenting existing processes, or encourage streamlining of processes when appropriate.
- Partner with our internal communications leads on internal communications (e.g., blogs, town halls, presentations) to foster connections and cascade key information across our global team.
- You'll not only need to understand and provide support for technical issues, but you will also need to communicate them to non-technical teams in a clear and understandable manner.
- Work with Human Resources and management teams on the recruitment, hiring and training of various position within the technical teams.
- Lead a team focused on triage of production issues, pursue root cause, manage priority, and support release procedures and communication with QA and DevOps teams.
- Communicate comfortably and effectively about production needs and issues with all levels of the organization, including third parties and customers.
- At minimum, BA/BS in Engineering, Science, Business Administration or related study, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in technical/software-focused program management, strategy, business planning, product management, or business operations is a plus.
- Proven experience with JIRA.
- Prior experience working with or providing support for projects utilizing some of the following: AWS services, Python, Unix/Linux, Jboss, Apache, Oracle, Java, Complex Event Processing, Coherence, Cognos, Splunk, and Java.
- Experience building initiatives from scratch, developing research-informed strategies, and crafting implementation plans is a plus.
- A strong track-record of delivering high quality, on-time, results.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder, position will require the ability to apply for Government clearance (past or current active clearance is a bonus)
- Full medical, dental, vision coverage for employee and dependents
- 401k matching program
- PTO and Holidays
- Bonus and other incentive programs
Location: Mountain View, CA- position will be a hybrid position of in-person and work from home (not a 100% remote opportunity)
Rhombus Power Inc. (Rhombus) is a NASA Research Park startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We use cutting-edge cross-disciplinary approaches to solve pressing Big Data and Sensing problems in security, energy and healthcare. Our advisory board includes two Nobel Laureates and a Draper Prize winner.
Rhombus compensates, motivates, and develops employees, who are trusted, empowered, and involved. Employees have clear roles and expectations – and their roles are flexible enough to move at the speed of innovation in order to meet and exceed client expectations. We have a unique culture of global purpose, rooted in the innovation and progress of Silicon Valley.
Rhombus knows that diversity is a condition for success. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.