Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives. Rhino has launched the industry's first end-to-end deposit platform servicing all stakeholders in the rental ecosystem. Rhino is aggressively responding to the most pressing needs of renters and landlords alike and aims to service more than $45 billion in cash deposits and security deposit insurance for 43 million rental homes nationwide across the entire rental industry.
Our first product eliminates the need for a cash security deposit and puts money back in renters’ pockets with a technology-driven insurance product. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. In addition to our security deposit insurance, we also offer renters insurance. Our newest offering, Rhino+, is a cash deposit collection and compliance solution for landlords and property managers.
We’ve already saved over 1 billion for renters and are trusted in over 2 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started…
As Senior Accountant at Rhino, you’ll join an accomplished team where your role will be critical to the overall success of the Finance team and there will often be opportunities to contribute further.
In this role you will:
- Complete month-end process, consisting of bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliation, depreciation/amortization of fixed assets and prepaids, and properly accrue expenses.
- Facilitate period-end closings by ensuring the accurate and timely completion of all responsibilities.
- Process payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general ledger functions.
- Prepare and post journal entries including yearly closing entries.
- Conduct research required for strategic team initiatives, special projects, and other special requests for accounting information.
- Perform various accounting, administrative, and other related duties as assigned and required by the role.
We’re ideally seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in a fast-paced environment with proven career progression.
- Understanding of accounting principles and ability to read financial statements.
- Experience with accounting software programs (NetSuite, a plus).
- Skilled in use of MS Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, flexible, and able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
Compensation & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $77,000 - $95,000
Rhino has partnered with a number of compensation benchmarking tools to determine competitive and fair market pay bands for our size and stage. Our goal is to ensure each employee is paid equitably and competitively while also maintaining a consistent and standardized methodology.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors including qualifications for the role, experience level and balancing internal equity relative to other Rhinos.
Base salary is just one part of our Total Rewards Package here at Rhino. In connection with this position, we also offer:
- Competitive cash compensation package including base salary, performance bonus, and other financial perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (90% employer contribution) - eligible from your start date
- Unlimited PTO Policy, quarterly team recharge days focused on mental and physical wellness
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Bi-annual performance reviews and ongoing professional coaching and development opportunities with external partners
- Remote-first work culture with opportunities to collaborate as a team in person
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing diversity, inclusion and equity programming or join an ERG
- 401(k), HSA, Life & Disability Insurance Coverage ($0 employee contribution for additional insurances)
- Monthly lifestyle stipend to fit your needs (meals, wellness, co-working)
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.