Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives. Rhino has launched the industry's first end-to-end deposit platform servicing all stakeholders in the rental ecosystem. Rhino is aggressively responding to the most pressing needs of renters and landlords alike and aims to service more than $45 billion in cash deposits and security deposit insurance for 43 million rental homes nationwide across the entire rental industry.
Our first product eliminates the need for a cash security deposit and puts money back in renters’ pockets with a technology-driven insurance product. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. In addition to our security deposit insurance, we also offer renters insurance. Our newest offering, Rhino+, is a cash deposit collection and compliance solution for landlords and property managers.
We’ve already saved over 1 billion for renters and are trusted in over 2 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started…
As a Compliance Analyst at Rhino, you’ll assume a crucial role on a formidable, hungry team helping to execute everyday efforts to promote an organizational culture that encourages commitment to compliance and ethical conduct while serving as a collaborative resource to help manage risk. The successful candidate will work in tandem with our Compliance Manager and Compliance Director to oversee Rhino initiatives around regulatory compliance.
In this role you will:
Be responsible for assisting with all facets of the Compliance team, including managing surplus lines filings, tax and premium reporting requirements, and nationwide licensing. The individual will work closely with multiple teams, including Legal, Product & Engineering, and Risk & Underwriting teams to support Rhino’s insurance products in a cross-functional way.
- Effectively implement and help develop and refine internal processes, structure and resources to achieve optimal results in meeting regulatory compliance needs across the organization.
- Manage licensing of agents and adjusters and maintain a master licensing database.
- Assist with all aspects of surplus lines filings, taxes and stamping fee payments across national footprint.
- Assist with rate and form filings to state Departments of Insurance and work closely with third-party vendors on the same.
- Programmatically test forms and rating criteria on an ongoing basis to ensure compliant policy issuance and pricing.
- Assist with ad hoc regulatory surveys, internal & external audit, and compliance projects as needed.
In terms of qualifications, we’re ideally seeking:
- 3+ years experience in a property & casualty operations role, including experience with surplus lines filings and insurance regulatory compliance.
- Fundamental understanding of insurance concepts, underwriting, and policy coverages.
- You are seeking personal and professional development in a dynamic and often changing environment, and enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strong independent thinker and contributor and you love collaborating across teams.
- You feel at home using Microsoft Office, G Suite, Slack and other modern workspace technology.
- Experience with the Surety line of business is a plus.
- Experience with admitted product filings is a plus.
Base Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000
Rhino has partnered with a number of compensation benchmarking tools to determine competitive and fair market pay bands for our size and stage. Our goal is to ensure each employee is paid equitably and competitively while also maintaining a consistent and standardized methodology.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors including qualifications for the role, experience level and balancing internal equity relative to other Rhinos.
Base salary is just one part of our Total Rewards Package here at Rhino. In connection with this position, we also offer:
- Competitive cash compensation package including base salary, performance bonus, and other financial perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (90% employer contribution) - eligible from your start date
- Unlimited PTO Policy, quarterly team recharge days focused on mental and physical wellness
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Bi-annual performance reviews and ongoing professional coaching and development opportunities with external partners
- Remote-first work culture with opportunities to collaborate as a team in person
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing diversity, inclusion and equity programming or join an ERG
- 401(k), HSA, Life & Disability Insurance Coverage ($0 employee contribution for additional insurances)
- Monthly lifestyle stipend to fit your needs (meals, wellness, co-working)
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.