Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives. Rhino has launched the industry's first end-to-end deposit platform servicing all stakeholders in the rental ecosystem. Rhino is aggressively responding to the most pressing needs of renters and landlords alike and aims to service more than $45 billion in cash deposits and security deposit insurance for 43 million rental homes nationwide across the entire rental industry.
Our first product eliminates the need for a cash security deposit and puts money back in renters’ pockets with a technology-driven insurance product. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. In addition to our security deposit insurance, we also offer renters insurance. Our newest offerings include Rhino+, a cash deposit collection and compliance solution for landlords and property managers, and Credit+, which will provide renters at partner communities.
We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 2 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started…
As a Director of Data and Analytics at Rhino, you’ll lead a team passionate about data and you’ll bring a clear vision of how data and analytics can transform our company strategy.
In this role you will:
- Facilitate the establishment and execution of the roadmap for data and analytics, supporting the overall strategy set by our product roadmap
- Drive the scope and effectiveness of the data and analytics function
- Lead a team of analysts and data scientists to deliver the solutions that fulfill business information needs and align with company goals
- Collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed and the required data is modeled and available to analysts and end-users
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to carry out business goals
- Balance short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve accordingly
- Scale and expand our analytics offerings, skills and technologies
We’re ideally seeking:
- Minimum 5+ years managing a high performing team, preferably leading an analytics team or data science function
- Familiarity with the following tech stack requirements: SQL, Python, Tableau
- Applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation
- Strong and clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Experience working with multiple executive level business stakeholders
- Passionate about data and wants to build and implement best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, ability to work comfortably and collaboratively in a cross-functional setting
- Strong project management skills. Ability to set priorities and consistently deliver under ambiguity
- Operates with optimism and understands how to motivate a high performing team
- Strong manager with focus on career and professional development for team members
- This role is fully remote with limited travel.
Feel you partially or mostly meet the requirements?
At Rhino, we’re not looking for someone that will check every box. In fact, if we were, we’d miss out on some extremely talented and capable people. Research has shown, in particular, that women and other marginalized groups apply for jobs when they check every box. So, if you find yourself on the fence because you don’t meet every requirement, please apply anyway! We’d love to meet and discuss the opportunity, your skills and passions, and see if we could be a match!
Compensation & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $170,000 - $200,000
Rhino has partnered with a number of compensation benchmarking tools to determine competitive and fair market pay bands for our size and stage. Our goal is to ensure each employee is paid equitably and competitively while also maintaining a consistent and standardized methodology.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors including qualifications for the role, experience level and balancing internal equity relative to other Rhinos.
Base salary is just one part of our Total Rewards Package here at Rhino. In connection with this position, we also offer:
- Competitive cash compensation package including base salary, performance bonus, and other financial perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (90% employer contribution) - eligible from your start date
- Unlimited PTO Policy, quarterly team recharge days focused on mental and physical wellness
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Bi-annual performance reviews and ongoing professional coaching and development opportunities with external partners
- Remote-first work culture with opportunities to collaborate as a team in person
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing diversity, inclusion and equity programming or join an ERG
- 401(k), HSA, Life & Disability Insurance Coverage ($0 employee contribution for additional insurances)
- Monthly lifestyle stipend to fit your needs (meals, wellness, co-working)
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.