Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote-first, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 2.4 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started…
As a product manager at Rhino you will be focused on shaping the future of our products. This position is focused on our security deposit insurance product and is fully responsible for the long term success of this product.
In this role you will:
- Help execute on and contribute to a product roadmap that achieves our company’s business goals and long-term vision.
- Collaborate with teams like Risk, Finance, Insurance, Claims, and Analytics to optimize our loss ratios and build robust systems for pricing, renter underwriting, and risk management.
- Be a strong advocate for our renters and landlord partners’ needs so we can grow the product while continually mitigating risk and staying compliant.
- Utilize user research, A/B testing, and quantitative data to inform your product decisions.
- Work closely with Design and Engineering on implementation from start to finish.
- Help with QA/UAT of new features as needed.
We’re ideally seeking:
- At least 5+ years of Product Management experience.
- Experience in navigating trade-offs between regulatory requirements, technical complexity, and user experience.
- Strong data analysis skills -- from writing SQL to conducting and synthesizing results from both qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Demonstrated success in launching and maintaining excellent products.
- A willingness to navigate complicated and ambiguous problems.
- Strong working experience with Agile/SCRUM development process.
- Experience within InsurTech is a big plus.
- Experience within another regulated space is a plus.
- Previous B2B2C or D2C experience is a plus.
- Competitive compensation package including base salary, performance bonus, and other financial perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (90% employer contribution) - Eligible on your start date
- Unlimited PTO Policy, quarterly team recharge days focused on mental and physical wellness; generous paid parental leave
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Bi-annual performance reviews and ongoing professional coaching and development opportunities with external partners
- Remote-first work culture with opportunities to collaborate as a team in person
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing diversity, inclusion and equity programming or join an ERG
- 401(k), HSA, Life & Disability Insurance Coverage ($0 employee contribution)
- Monthly lifestyle stipend to fit your needs (meals, wellness and/or co-working)
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.