Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
The Director of Compliance will report directly to the General Counsel. You will be responsible for leading and growing the existing Compliance team while establishing and enhancing the company-wide compliance framework. The person will work hand-in-hand with teams across the company to drive growth, advise on our national insurance program, launch new product offerings, advise on privacy and cybersecurity issues, provide analysis and legal advice on a wide range of issues, and help manage our growing Compliance team.
In this role you will:
- Be a trusted, strategic second Line of Defense partner to the business focusing on developing compliance culture and providing leadership for the Compliance team.
- Develop, build and implement a robust risk-based Compliance Program for the company including the development and enhancement of annual compliance plans.
- Identify and execute compliance controls across all operational areas, including product development, product filings, policy administration, claims, and recovery (including subrogation)
- Collaborate with senior management to provide timely, value add, pragmatic, high quality compliance advice across the entire company
- Support the development of compliant products by closely partnering with business functions
- Providing regular compliance reporting to the senior management team
We’re ideally seeking:
- 7+ years of compliance experience with a strong insurance compliance background with particular focus in the P&C and E&S space.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, work independently, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Experience with high-growth startups and/or tech companies is a benefit.
- Experience providing guidance on regulatory issues, particularly related to data privacy and cybersecurity.
- A team-player with the ability to work collaboratively across various functions and with colleagues at all levels.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.