Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As Head of Communications (Director / Sr. Director Level) at Rhino, you’ll join a formidable, passionate tech team, helping to build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize renting.
In this role you will:
- Develop, execute, and evaluate the company’s communications plan and strategy across the company in collaboration with the brand, marketing, and corporate communications teams to reach key stakeholders and position Rhino as a global thought leader.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of the company’s media relationships.
- Draft, create and own all print and electronic deliverables, including, but not limited to, op-eds, policy statements, and relevant website content for policymakers, stakeholders, the media, and the public.
- Provide strategic guidance and tactical assistance to executives to prepare them for media events, speeches, presentations, and interviews.
- Responsible for managing, creating, and tracking communications budget and determining key initiatives to streamline processes.
- Manage external consultants, advisors, and communications partners, as needed.
- Manage all media contacts and relationships in print and broadcast.
We’re ideally seeking:
- An accomplished leader who has at least 10 years of communications experience, ideally in a public-facing leadership role within a high-paced government, public service, or nonprofit organization covering areas such as website content, executive communications, stakeholder engagement, media relations, thought leadership, and messaging for the public.
- The ability to take complicated concepts and transform them into exciting and creative messages that are widely disseminated to the right audiences through the most strategic distribution channels.
- Wields a deep reservoir of earned and paid media relationships, including print, radio, and broadcast.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies under pressure, time constraints, and public scrutiny.
- Excellent and easily digestible writing skills along with precision editing and exceptional verbal communication.
- Fluency in social media strategy, tactics, and trends.
- A strong track record as a project manager and implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- High energy self-starter with maturity and the ability to position communications discussions at visionary, strategic, and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including peers, teammates, investors, policymakers, the media, renters, and property management leaders.
- Bold enough to take risks and fail, but gifted enough to learn and adjust quickly in an ever-changing startup environment.
- Takes the work seriously but doesn’t take themselves seriously.
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Passion for our mission to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.