Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Product Manager for Risk and Capacity at Rhino, you’re going to be an integral part of what we’re trying to accomplish. You will be focused on innovating Rhino’s insurance product while also shaping the future of our risk controls and loss management.
In this role you will:
- Help execute on and contribute to a product roadmap that achieves our company’s business goals and long-term vision.
- Collaborate with teams like Insurance, Claims, Finance, Business Intelligence, and Data Science to innovate on our insurance product, build robust systems for risk management, and optimize claims handling, underwriting, and loss ratios.
- Serve as an advocate for both our renters and landlord partners so we can grow the product while continually mitigating risk and staying compliant.
- Work closely with Design and Engineering on implementation from start to finish.
- Help with QA/UAT of new features as needed.
- Utilize user research, A/B testing, and quantitative data to inform your product decisions.
We’re ideally seeking:
- 3-5+ years of work experience in Product Management.
- Experience in navigating trade-offs between regulatory requirements, technical complexity, and user experience.
- Strong data analysis skills -- from writing SQL to conducting and synthesizing results from both qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Good working knowledge of web development platforms, databases and infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of design principles and what constitutes a good design.
- Demonstrated success in launching and maintaining excellent products.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written).
- Strong working experience with Agile/SCRUM development process.
- Experience with insurance or another regulated space is a big plus.
- Previous B2B2C or D2C experience is a plus.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.