Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Design Lead at Rhino, you’ll be joining a team that’s passionate about building a company that’s positioned to revolutionize renting. We’re here to build what the future of renting would look like through the lens of design. You’ll be working with a team of designers, marketers, content strategists, and more to actively participate in actualizing the vision.
In this role you will:
- Drive the design vision on projects and define the expression of our visual identity across multiple touchpoints
- Create stunning and elegant designs that helps push our brand forward
- Oversee design on a project from beginning to end, and collaborate with content, product, marketing, and brand to develop concepts and approaches
- Lead and mentor a small team of designers
We’re ideally seeking:
- Strong design background with 6-8 years of experience
- Experience mentoring designers
- Ability to work closely cross functionally to lead creative vision and direction of project
- Concept thinker with ability to execute beautiful designs
- Strong communication skills with ability to vocalize ideas, challenges, and bring the team along in their process
- Ability to articulate decisions to stakeholders, executives, design team, and manager
- Experience on digital, print, and brand work
- Solution oriented with a drive to understand the problem at hand and ability to create innovative design solutions
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.