Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As an Operations Manager on the Strategic Initiatives team at Rhino, you will act as a core piece of team building and launching new products. If you have been described as a “Glue Person” who feels comfortable working with ambiguity to drive on a broad range of projects, this is the right role for you!
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives; incubate new service lines and offerings to prepare them for scale
- Take ownership of high priority projects/programs, including: business case, alternatives evaluation, scope, cost, risks, interdependencies, workplan, implementation, impact measurement, scaling and iteration
- Consume and process large amounts of structured and unstructured information to identify opportunities / diagnose inefficiencies and develop data-driven recommendations
- Drive and own the execution of key strategic and operational initiatives; track and communicate progress and decisions clearly and regularly to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects as well as ad hoc assignments in parallel and efficiently prioritize across workstreams
We’re ideally seeking:
- 2+ years of professional experience in strategy, business operations, consulting, investment banking, or related experience
- Highly analytical and solutions-oriented - resourceful, nimble and gritty
- Self-starter capable of operating independently, as well as, collaborate with various stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex and nuanced concepts
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Advanced excel skills
Nice to have:
- High-growth start-up experience
- Previous experience in the consumer finance, real estate or insurance industry
- Experience managing others
- SQL and Tableau knowledge
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.