Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
In this role you will:
- Join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative team creating brand new insurance opportunities and approaching challenges with innovative non-traditional solutions
- Be responsible for segmentation and performance tracking across geographies, distribution partners, asset types, and customer characteristics, and develop plans to accelerate growth and underwriting performance
- Allow your curiosity to thrive using traditional and nontraditional methods of portfolio risk management and predictive modeling
- Develop and execute recurring updates of portfolio performance and business mix trends and develop early warning indicators for positive and negative trends; collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on the same
- Develop regular presentations to the executive leadership team and board on the performance of the core insurance business
- Work closely with actuaries, underwriters, sales, claims and technology to track execution is carried out and results in the expected performance improvements
- Work closely with actuaries, underwriters, claims, business intelligence and product in order to increase pricing sophistication, improve underwriting controls, and enhance data capture for better analytic capabilities
- Collaborate with business intelligence to build dashboards for internal and external stakeholders to easily view performance data and loss development
- Collaborate to introduce the best in class analytical, predictive advanced modeling, and digital tools with data science, actuarial, and business intelligence teams
We're ideally seeking:
- 5+ years of experience in insurance; start-up experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of property & casualty insurance business lines, and the relevant legal and regulatory environment
- P&C licensing, actuarial designation, and/or underwriting designation preferred
- You have an analytical problem solving approach. Detail-oriented, but capable of seeing the big picture and following the “80/20 rule”
- A resourceful, scrappy self-starter, self-motivated colleague that takes ownership and accountability to deliver results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex and nuanced concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, often changing environment