Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
In this role you will:
- Join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative team creating brand new insurance opportunities and approaching challenges with innovative non-traditional solutions
- Develop, implement and manage a data-supported underwriting strategy for Rhino’s core deposit insurance program and new insurance and financial products
- Set priorities, targets, standards and metrics for underwriting guidelines, accountabilities and programs; review and evaluate program performance; and provide feedback and calibrate as needed
- Build and own customer risk assessment processes through traditional and forward-thinking underwriting techniques; be responsible for evaluating prospective underwriting partners
- Be responsible for developing and executing the framework for balancing Rhino’s goals of growth and risk
- Identify and recruit talented professionals to join your team, and develop and manage your team to provide exceptional service to the entire Rhino organization
- Develop internal processes for collaborating with account managers and executives to effectively communicate risks and collaborate on risk mitigation strategies and action items
- Instill a culture of prudent underwriting and risk management among client-facing partnerships and account management teams
- Synthesize the output of your work to effectively communicate the core takeaways and recommendations for account managers, the executive team and other internal and external stakeholders
We’re ideally seeking:
- 8+ years of experience in insurance; start-up experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of property & casualty insurance business lines, and the relevant legal and regulatory environment
- P&C licensing, actuarial designation, and/or underwriting designation preferred
- Direct experience with personal lines LOBs and/or consumer credit strongly preferred
- Direct experience with real estate credit a plus
- Proven ability to recruit and manage talented individuals to join your team
- You have an analytical problem solving approach. Detail-oriented, but capable of seeing the big picture and following the “80/20 rule”
- A resourceful, scrappy self-starter, self-motivated colleague that takes ownership and accountability to deliver results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex and nuanced concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, often changing environment