Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
In this role you will:
- Assume a leadership position overseeing reinsurance, risk finance and capital efficiency strategy working directly with Rhino’s Co-Founder and CFO
- Join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative team creating brand new insurance opportunities and approaching challenges with innovative non-traditional solutions
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with a robust panel of insurers, reinsurers, and alternative capital providers
- Build sound and defensible underwriting arguments and effectively communicate these with internal stakeholders and market counterparties
- Contribute to key decisioning on strategic initiatives such as establishing a captive, acquiring a shell, establishing an insurance carrier and other risk structuring techniques
- Identify and leverage brokers and advisors to provide best strategy and execution for Rhino
- Lead the continuous optimization of reinsurance, risk finance and capital efficiency strategy for Rhino’s core deposit program and new insurance programs
- Work closely with finance, underwriting and risk teams to effectively structure and execute reinsurance, risk finance and capital efficiency
- Identify, recruit talented professionals to join your team to support Rhino’s reinsurance, risk finance and capital efficiency strategy
- Provide advice and counsel to executive leaders on company strategy and core insurance businesses and provide execution support for the same
We’re ideally seeking:
- 10+ years of experience in insurance; start-up experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of property & casualty insurance business lines, and the relevant legal and regulatory environment
- P&C licensing, actuarial designation, and/or underwriting designation preferred
- Proven ability to recruit and manage talented individuals to join your team
- You have an analytical problem solving approach. Detail-oriented, but capable of seeing the big picture and following the “80/20 rule”
- A resourceful, scrappy self-starter, self-motivated colleague that takes ownership and accountability to deliver results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex and nuanced concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, often changing environment