Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As part of the Rhino team, you’ll join a mission-driven, high-performance group dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of renters. The Finance team at Rhino plays a key role in scaling the company and positioning us as the leader in revolutionizing the renting process.
In this role you will:
- Analyze and summarize monthly financials and performance metrics for our leadership team, board members, and investors
- Facilitate departmental budgeting for Annual and Ad Hoc projects
- Drive FP&A side of the monthly close process by updating budget model with actuals and reviewing metrics for accuracy
- Help with monthly & quarterly internal and external reporting, including driving insightful analyses to explain trends and any variance to plans
- Own and improve upon our financial model
- Support key business initiatives including new products, pricing, strategic partnerships, and new markets
- Assist the company in special projects, including fundraising, and M&A
- Continuously look to increase efficiency through process automation
- Rhino is growing tremendously. For the right individual, this role has potential for significant career advancement and the ability to play a key part in internal finance, strategic finance, and corporate development
We’re ideally seeking:
- VC-backed startup experience preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in financial modeling, planning and analysis, with a track record of success and demonstrating excellent technical skills
- Investment banking, Big 4, consulting or related experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and collaborative
- A believer: you believe in what we do and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to accomplish goals
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL and Tableau knowledge is preferred
- Insurance or Insurtech experience or experience modeling insurance companies a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, or related field preferred
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.