Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Public Policy Senior Manager at Rhino, you’ll leverage engagement with local, state, and national elected officials, trade groups, and advocates to continue Rhino’s rapid growth. This role reports to the Director of Public Policy.
In this role you will:
- Develop and grow a network of policymaker and advocate evangelists of Rhino’s work to address housing accessibility issues via pragmatic solutions
- Lead engagement with relevant city and state policymakers in pursuit of “Renter’s Choice” legislative action, employing creative strategies to deliver message points and policy positions
- Monitor relevant multifamily housing legislative initiatives and regulatory changes in jurisdictions of interest
- Cultivate working relationships with multifamily housing thought leaders in service of increasing adoption of Rhino’s solutions
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure external engagement efforts are optimally driving business growth
We’re ideally seeking:
- 5-7 years of experience working in city or state government/external relations, with a strong preference for experience working in a regulated industry
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills and the ability to lead engagements with elected officials, their staffs, and outside organizations
- A demonstrated interest in housing policy, particularly at the city and state level
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Ability to work independently and create goals and visions for delivery in ambiguous or new situations
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strong research and writing skills, particularly the ability to distill complex information into concise, digestible memos or similar
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member