Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
In this role you will:
- Build and improve tools and workflows to increase development velocity, such as Continuous Deployment
- Improve monitoring and alerting systems
- Maintain our excellent track record of uptime and site reliability as we rapidly scale the platform
- Leverage our existing infrastructure in order to make rapid, iterative improvements
- Work with our Internal Tools, Data, Product, and QA teams to optimize feedback loops and decision making
- Provide feedback on features being developed across the company and suggest solutions.
- Participate in code reviews, standups, and planning sessions, while listening to feedback and commenting on others’ approaches.
We’re ideally seeking:
- 5+ years of experience.
- Experience with--and preference for--PaaS providers like Heroku
- A passion for Developer Experience and Continuous Delivery
- Backend and API development experience.
- A kind, friendly, and empathetic person
- An Engineer that is excited to quickly ship features in a collaborative, rigorous, and fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.