Exactly 45 billion dollars is locked up in cash security deposits. We prove that there’s a better way. Rhino is bringing financial flexibility to renters everywhere.
We give renters a choice in a transaction that never offered choice before. We replace upfront security deposits with affordable insurance that saves renters hundreds and thousands of dollars. To date, we have saved renters over $150 million and are trusted in over 1 million homes across all 50 states.
Founded in 2017 and VC backed, Rhino's mission is to utilize technology to offer products and services that break down financial barriers and offer a win-win solution for both renters and property owners/managers alike.
As part of the Rhino team, you’ll join an accomplished group that is building the foundation of a company revolutionizing the renting process. We are looking for a mission-driven self-starter to leverage their financial and analytical skills to build and shape Rhino’s financial planning processes as we embark on the next phase of our incredible growth.
In this role, you will:
- Report directly to the COO and work closely with leadership to formulate short and long-term financial and strategic plans
- Lead the annual planning, budgeting and forecasting process, collaborating closely with business unit heads
- Develop, maintain and calibrate financial models to support effective planning, analysis and decision making
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational results and summarize variations from plan, assess performance, and make actionable recommendations based on business insights
- Prepare presentations to summarize results of financial analysis and model outputs suitable for multiple stakeholders including leadership, the board of directors and investors
- Build out Rhino’s financial planning function to support growth
We’re ideally seeking:
- 6+ years combined experience in strategic finance, FP&A, investment banking, consulting, or investor relations
- Two years high-growth startup experience preferred
- Expert proficiency in financial modeling, analysis and presentation skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively explain complex information and tailor presentations to specific audiences
- Experience of presenting at a board meetings and speaking to current and potential investors preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the organization
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- Deep understanding of insurance business models and success metrics
- Self-motivated and able to deliver accurate work products that meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, but capable of seeing the big picture
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) is a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP and ASC 606 is a plus
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member