Exactly 45 billion dollars is locked up in cash security deposits. We prove that there’s a better way. Rhino is bringing financial flexibility to renters everywhere.
We give renters a choice in a transaction that never offered choice before. We replace upfront security deposits with affordable insurance that saves renters hundreds and thousands of dollars. To date, we have saved renters over $150 million and are trusted in over 1 million homes across all 50 states.
Founded in 2017 and VC backed, Rhino's mission is to utilize technology to offer products and services that break down financial barriers and offer a win-win solution for both renters and property owners/managers alike.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Rhino, you’ll join a formidable, passionate tech team, helping to build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize renting.
In this role you will:
- Build and improve features to drive Rhino’s growth.
- Craft and architect secure, compliant, performant, and delightful solutions with complex requirements.
- Implement robust reporting and analytics tools to improve business intelligence.
- Develop deep integrations into property management and leasing software.
- Provide feedback on features being developed across the company and suggest solutions.
- Participate in code reviews, standups, and planning sessions, while listening to feedback and commenting on others’ approaches.
- Collaborate with design, product management, marketing, and insurance compliance to help plan and implement new growth initiatives.
We’re ideally seeking:
- 5+ years of experience.
- Someone who is comfortable with React.
- Backend and API development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Familiarity with Elixir, Phoenix, or other relevant, cutting-edge technologies.
- An Engineer that is excited to quickly ship features in a collaborative, rigorous, and fast-paced environment.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member