Getdone is a tech-enabled service provider under the Rex Ecosystem where any service you want, anywhere on Earth, is provided with high-quality, speed, and a reasonable price. We are bringing the simplicity and efficiency of technology to the complex and cumbersome world of services. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we are looking for a world-class Product Designer with the character, skill, and backbone to build the next great technology business.
We are looking for a user experience designer with 3-5 years experience and expertise in visual and user interface design for web and mobile software applications. Someone who is passionate about technology and the ways it can serve people, and who can be a steadfast advocate for our customers. This candidate must have experience at a fast-growth startup.
What you'll do:
While having a lot of autonomy, you will also have support from other design peers and leadership. This is a place where you can grow professionally.
- Own the design system, visual design and user interface design for a mobile app and a responsive web app.
- Find ways to make the most of the native design system for Android and iOS.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, marketing and other teams in the company to develop the user experiences that delight our customers.
- Ensure that the appropriate interface elements and interaction design patterns are applied to wireframes.
- Drive quick, iterative design / feedback cycles.
- Create mockups and clickable prototypes to demonstrate what the product looks like and how it works to facilitate valuable user feedback.
Who you are:
- You have the confidence, grit and the flexibility to deal with the ambiguity of a high-speed startup environment.
- You’re obsessed with user-centered design, and you have an incredible portfolio that exemplifies this passion. Your designs indicate thoughtfulness and an attention to detail.
- You have the ability to clearly define customer problems, then work with the product team to deliver a product solution with a cohesive user experience.
- You bring a systematic approach to problem-solving, while understanding how to isolate specific design issues and opportunities.
- You think of a user interface as a dynamic system, not a static set of screens or pages.
- You can handle ambiguity and blaze a path forward instead of waiting for a manager to tell you what to do.
- You have the ability to prioritize your work based on business goals and the product roadmap.
- You have experience designing for responsive web and mobile apps. You can create the interaction design for a mobile app, then apply the most appropriate and latest UI elements for iOS or Android applications.
- You have an MFA, BFA or BS in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills to clearly communicate a strong rationale for how the system will work and evolve
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
- Peter Rex writing in WSJ about moving Rex from Seattle to Austin
- Peter Rex on Fox Business
- Peter Rex on Bloomberg Radio
Our compensation & benefits package is designed to reward long-term career growth. Your total compensation can and should grow as you progress with the company. We evaluate performance and provide direct feedback to all teammates throughout the year, and ensure that compensation matches the role and performance. In addition, we offer the following:
- Coaching and stretch assignments that will test your limits
- Competitive salary and equity awards
- Discounted rent at any properties owned by ResProp Management
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Work from office culture