Influencer Marketing is a rapidly growing space at the intersection of social media, advertising, and eCommerce. As the creator of this space, LTK offers the world's premier lifestyle influencers the ability to run their digital businesses successfully and with great ease. Our technology platform provides them the tools, strategies, and support they need to maximize their earnings velocity.
We run nearly $3B of retail sales per year through the LTK platform and the LikeToKnow.it (LTK) consumer app has more than 1.5M monthly active consumers connecting directly with our network of influencers. We are expanding rapidly and have tremendous growth ahead.
Title: Engineering Manager, Data Science
Reports to: Director, Data Science & Data Engineering
Location:This is a fully remote position. If you are located near one of our rewardStyle offices, come have a coffee when you want to socialize!
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead and coach rewardStyle’s data science team in multiple geographies
- Deliver elegant code alongside your team members while also mentoring your team members
- Build data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our business operations, customers and partners
- Collaborate with Product, Business Intelligence and Client Success teams to understand the requirements and implement them into scalable solutions
- Recruit and hire data engineers and data scientists
- Establish and monitor objectives for all employees by providing regular feedback, coaching, training and development that fosters both personal and organizational growth
- Work and succeed in an agile development environment
- Be a technical expert and help raise up the teams you are leading
- Develop custom algorithms for solving complex business problems across a wealth of structured and unstructured data across multiple data sources
- Use relevant knowledge of computer science fundamentals, distributed computing and machine learning to help build scalable analytical solutions
- Drive select special projects end-to-end – from outlining the type of solution through implementation, interpretation of results and integration into our client and consumer facing applications and services
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in computer science or related degree
- 7-10+ years of programming expertise in Scala, Python
- 5-10+ years of coding in production of big data ecosystems including data engineering, modeling, data warehousing, and database architecture.
- Demonstrated experience developing machine learning models required.
- Knowledge of the evolving data science practice
- 3-5 years building and delivering data pipelines, data lakes and ETL solutions at large scale in the cloud
- 3+ years of people leadership and cultivating talent to lead high performing teams
- Experience leading a data science team is preferred.
- Experience in AWS Big Data and serverless solutions is required (AWS Glue, EMR, Redshift, Athena).
- Enjoys working on complex and exciting problems, with high-velocity and multi-dimensional information across multiple sources
- Strong practical experience with NLP, statistical analysis, deep learning, event stream processing, neural networks, predictive and sentiment analytics, data engineering and scripting / enterprise grade programming across a variety of environments
- Familiarity with a variety of tools including languages (R, Python, Scala, C++), databases (T-SQL, Postgresql, NoSql, etc.), Machine learning tools (e.g., Sagemaker, Apache Mahout, Apache Spark MLib, Scikit-Learn, etc), deep learning (e.g., Google TensorFlow, Apache Singa, etc.) and IDEs (e.g., RStudio, Anaconda, PyCharm, MS SQL Server Management Studio, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated self-direction and open-mindedness in teaching others and learning new techniques
What's in it for you?
- Interesting problems to solve
- Competitive comp and benefits including retirement plans
- Flexible work schedule plus Summer Fridays (Workday ends at 3pm)
- Disrupting the retail industry!
- Work and workout from home with our live Virtual Fitness Classes!
- Virtual Company Happy Hours and Virtual Team Events!
What you have to look forward to should you choose to work in a LTK Office:
- Fully stocked bars and kitchen (free snacks all day!)
- Catered meals weekly
- Monthly Chair massages
- Laidback office environment
- Monthly themed Happy Hours!
- Free access to state of the art gym while working in or visiting our Dallas HQ
- Free Covered Parking on-site while working in or visiting our Dallas HQ
For US-Based Roles: We are not offering new sponsorships opportunities at this time for persons requiring employment visas, such as an H-1B; authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of rewardStyle are considered the property of rewardStyle and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
rewardStyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.