Influencer Marketing is a rapidly growing space at the intersection of social media, advertising, and eCommerce. As the creator of this space, rewardStyle, and LIKEtoKNOW.it offers the world's premier lifestyle influencers the ability to run their digital businesses successfully and with great ease. Our technology platform provides them the tools, strategies, and support they need to maximize their earnings velocity.
We run over $2B of retail sales per year through the rewardStyle platform and the LikeToKnow.it (LTK) consumer app has more than 1.5M monthly active consumers connecting directly with our network of influencers and spending nearly $1B annually. We are expanding rapidly and have tremendous growth ahead.
Title: Senior Backend Engineer | LIKEtoKNOW.it
Location: This is a fully remote position. If you are located near one of our rewardStyle offices, come have a coffee when you want to socialize!
Reports to: Manager of Engineering
Job Purpose: Join the RewardStyle Family! We are looking for talented senior developers who are passionate about tackling challenging features and interesting problems at scale. You'll be working with a team of highly motivated and fast-moving professionals focused on creating innovative features, services, and products.
- Architecting and developing web, software, and mobile apps.
- Coming up with feasible and practical solutions to tough problems.
- Write very high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain with tests.
- Drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Work and succeed in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Identify and drive improvements to our software and development processes.
- Conduct peer design/code reviews.
- Work with distributed teams across different time zones.
- Technical subject matter expert, who mentors fellow engineers, demonstrates technical experience and leads teams in solving challenging problems.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- History of designing and building highly scalable distributed systems and processes in a cloud environment.
- Experience with AWS systems such as ECS, Lambda, and RDS (among others).
- Experience working in a containerized environment (preferably Docker).
- Experience writing services in Golang.
- Proven experience designing and scaling relational databases.
- Have built scalable internal and public-facing APIs (REST, JSON, HTTP).
- Experience integrating 3rd party API's (REST, OAuth).
- Comfortable shipping code multiple times per day.
- Strong technical leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to model and conceptualize the integrations across complex systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to have:
- Experience with eCommerce platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with non-relational data stores such as DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Knowledge of domain-driven design.
- Experiencing building search products.
- Experience building and integrating systems for auth and identity management
- Experience building flexible feeds
- Experience with recommendation systems and algorithms
- Experience designing or building cart and checkout systems.
What's in it for you?
- Interesting problems to solve
- Competitive comp and benefits including retirement plans
- Flexible work schedule plus Summer Fridays (Workday ends at 3pm)
- Disrupting the retail industry!
- Work and workout from home with our live Virtual Fitness Classes!
- Virtual Company Happy Hours and Virtual Team Events!
What you have to look forward to should you choose to work in a rewardStyle + LTK Office:
- Fully stocked bars and kitchen (free snacks all day!)
- Catered meals weekly
- Monthly Chair massages
- Laidback office environment
- Monthly themed Happy Hours!
- Free access to state of the art gym while working in or visiting our Dallas HQ
- Free Covered Parking on-site while working in or visiting our Dallas HQ
For US-Based Roles: We are not offering new sponsorships opportunities at this time for persons requiring employment visas, such as an H-1B; authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of rewardStyle are considered the property of rewardStyle and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
rewardStyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.