Senior Account Executive, Communications & Issues
Location: Nashville, TN
Department: Communications & Issues
Years’ Experience: 4-5 years
Reports to: Vice President, Communications & Issues
A successful SAE is a self-starter with a solid-level skillset in communications as well as issues and crisis management strategies and tactics, and also possesses a hands-on approach to deliver innovative programming for our clients. We are looking for a utility player, someone who understands the media landscape, can craft external proactive and reputational protection strategies. Our growing team is looking for an exceptional writer and researcher who can anticipate the communications landscape as well as potential issues and develop communications plans for clients. This professional will be flexible and able to balance multiple assignments at once. An understanding of hospital systems and healthcare, as well as public affairs, is a plus. Experience developing and managing communications programs, media strategy, internal communications crisis plans, playbooks, simulation materials and scenario plans is highly desired. Demonstrated experience in the execution of strategic communication programs is required, particularly in the context of integrated engagements - working closely with Project Management, Communications, Client Experience, and Marketing (Content, Creative, Media) departments.
We are the home for all top talent who share our purpose and values. We’re honored to be consistently named a best place to work, both locally and nationally, and we strive to live up to that title. Our growth as an agency, our reputation, and our work will be fueled by a foundation of diversity and inclusion that is reflected in our staff and the amazing work we do each day.
At ReviveHealth, diversity, equity, and inclusion are strategic imperatives and moral obligations. The strength and resonance of our work depend on a deep understanding of real people of all races, gender identities, sexual identities, and cultural backgrounds, and we have a moral and business responsibility to elevate these diverse experiences in everything we do.
Our focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is central to cultivating a culture of personal and professional growth that lets us do brilliant and relevant work for our clients. We seek to grow always in our understanding and addressing issues of injustice that affect marginalized people. Together and individually, we work to make ReviveHealth an inclusive environment where equality is expected, where respect is the cost of entry for all, and brave conversations make us — and our work — stronger. We are lifelong learners, recognizing that the work of DEI is never complete and that leaning into hard things inspires growth and greatness for ourselves and for our clients.
Includes, but not limited to the following:
- Help to grow and maintain client relationships as part of an integrated team by delivering top quality work, working collaboratively with others, and constantly watching for new opportunities.
- Drive the development and execution of integrated communications, and issues and crisis campaigns.
- Help ensure all deadlines are met for team.
- Gather information and research; execute on research initiatives and leverage internet-based research resources.
- Take highly nuanced information and craft compelling and relatable written narratives tailored for specific target audiences.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to clients, helping to achieve their business goals.
- Collaborate with team members across departments to deliver strategic and creative issues and crisis work for clients.
- Research and monitor client business objectives, healthcare media, as well as issues and crisis management channels on a daily basis for latest trends and case studies.
- Engage and strengthen the team through collaboration and teamwork.
- Collaborate with others to successfully complete projects and benchmark results, from creative and business writing to event management and thought leadership campaigns
- Begin to form a strong client relationship, earning the reputation of a reliable, thoughtful project lead
- Manage several projects at one time, finessing your ability to deliver high quality work under tight timelines, when required
- Serve as first line of defense to answer junior colleagues’ questions and act as a sounding board when they encounter roadblocks
Success Looks Like
- I led a client call solo—and we got everything we needed done!
- A client called me with an urgent ask and I handled it with ease.
- I proactively proposed new ideas to the team and client and led the development of those deliverables.
- Part of the campaign I’m leading got C-suite attention!
- Agency experience or inhouse proactive communications, and issues and crisis responsibilities required, experience in an integrated agency preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks quickly and maintain composure during fast moving projects.
- Health care industry knowledge and experience is strongly preferred, including knowledge of concepts related to managed care, hospital systems and Payor/Provider relationships.
- Must exhibit a demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful issues and crisis communication programs.
- Understanding of public affairs campaigns, particularly at the state level.
- Ability to track stakeholders and stakeholder groups and identify engagement opportunities for clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, verbal and over the phone.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to connect with the audience.
- Excellent research capabilities and ability to synthesize that research into client recommendations and deliverables.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and be one step ahead.
ReviveHealth is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ReviveHealth recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.