Vice President, Integrated Planning
Location: Nashville, TN
Years’ Experience: 8+ years
Reports to: EVP, Head of Insights
As a full-service marketing communications agency, our core responsibility is to engage and move the audiences that matter most to our clients. To do it well, we have to go to them instead of expecting them to come to us. Such audience-first thinking is at the heart of how we plan, and the of VP of Integrated Planning is the person who makes sure we don’t stray from it.
The VP of Integrated Planning acts as the voice of the diverse, unique, never-the-same-twice audiences we target across all our engagements at ReviveHealth. S/he represents their voice. Working closely with the Client Lead (who represents the client’s voice) and the Strategist (who represents the brand’s voice) during our planning process, s/he makes sure our creative ideas are brought to life through the tactics and channels that create the most impact.
While the Client Lead and Strategist own the plan for their client account, the VP of Integrated Planning is the convener in our planning effort. S/he brings together input and recommendations from specialists that represent the full range of Revive’s capabilities, like social, paid media, PR, etc., to create the most impactful mix of tactics and channels for the target audience.
As an audience expert, the VP of Integrated Planning must be very comfortable with sophisticated audience research. S/he must be able to recommend appropriate types of research and work closely with Strategists to support the implementation of the research. Then, s/he must be able to analyze and make activation recommendations based on our findings. And of course, s/he must be well-versed in comprehensive measurement practices and be able to work closely with Revive’s Analytics practice to ensure our plans are highly measurable.
Importantly, the VP of Integrated Planning must know how to address out audiences personally, taking into account their unique cultural, ethnic, social and economic backgrounds. S/he will contribute significantly toward ensuring that our creative ideas and messages are uniquely tailored and culturally appropriate to our audiences. A passion for connecting the end consumer with the most compelling message through the most impactful channels will be crucial to the success of this role.
We are the home for all top talent who share our purpose and values. We’re honored to be consistently named a best place to work, both locally and nationally, and we strive to live up to that title. Our growth as an agency, our reputation, and our work will be fueled by a foundation of diversity and inclusion that is reflected in our staff and the amazing work we do each day.
At ReviveHealth, diversity, equity, and inclusion are strategic imperatives and moral obligations. The strength and resonance of our work depend on a deep understanding of real people of all races, gender identities, sexual identities, and cultural backgrounds, and we have a moral and business responsibility to elevate these diverse experiences in everything we do.
Our focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is central to cultivating a culture of personal and professional growth that lets us do brilliant and relevant work for our clients. We seek to grow always in our understanding and addressing issues of injustice that affect marginalized people. Together and individually, we work to make ReviveHealth an inclusive environment where equality is expected, where respect is the cost of entry for all, and brave conversations make us — and our work — stronger. We are lifelong learners, recognizing that the work of DEI is never complete and that leaning into hard things inspires growth and greatness for ourselves and for our clients.
Includes, but not limited to the following:
- Audience First: Keep the target audience at the center of all our planning activities with an audience-first mindset in message personalization and delivery.
- Highly Collaborative: Collaboration with an integrated team to align on the best approach to bring together the work of each group to reach the target audience.
- Budget Conscious: Ability to take the clients budget and maximize the impact.
- Internal Relationship Guru: Ability to convene planning teams easily, get the best out of them, and be the arbiter of conflicting planning recommendations or points of view.
- Client Whisperer: Ability to connect with the client to build strong and long-lasting relationships through top-tier work that only we can provide.
- Deep Multi-cultural Experience: Infusion of the right cultural approach for each audience with deep understanding of the differing needs, perspectives, and nuances of diverse audiences.
- Research Based Approach: Interpretation of audience research that informs decisions and recommendations.
- Measurement-obsessed: Collaboration with Analytics practice to tie our plans to comprehensive measurement of our recommended activations.
Success Looks Like
- Integrated plans delivered to clients on-time that interpret deep audience research into the appropriate mix of message, tactic and channel recommendations, specifically tailored to diverse audiences, designed to maximize our ability to reach and move them.
- 8+ years of client-facing roles across in an integrated marketing agency required
- Preferably, will have extensive experience in leading or participating in integrated planning
- And/or, will have experience in a variety of execution-centric roles at agency across social, digital, media, communications/PR and paid media
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills; able to convene, work with, and lead cross-functional teams (as well as work independently)
- Familiarity and comfort with translating audience research into the right set of activations to reach and move them
- Experience interacting with clients, able to present ideas and communicate strategies clearly and efficiently
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to organize complex information and create thoughtful planning solutions
- Experience with marketing initiatives that are tied to robust, data-based measurement, either in implementing them or in ensuring their appropriate and accurate measurement.
- Comfortable with performing well in high-pressure situations like client presentations, pitches, group workshops, etc.
- Ready to play a meaningful role in helping Revive improve and advance its audience-centric approach to integrated planning
ReviveHealth is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ReviveHealth recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.