At Revionics, the Lead DevOps Engineer position will be part of a team that owns infrastructure technologies and have responsibility for designing new methods and tooling for implementing new infrastructure components as well as maintaining standardized configurations. You will be part of a small but fast-paced, highly collaborative, team with low ego and high output.
While this is not a management position, it will serve as a point of escalation for DevOps engineers across multiple teams while focusing on prototyping, implementing, and supporting new automated approaches to routine processes with an eye toward increasing operation efficiency and effectiveness. This role will require the ability to design and create those innovative infrastructure and tooling solutions while advising other team members, and other teams, on your suggested approaches to achieve desired outcomes. In this role you should expect a great deal of creative input and a strong voice in the processes implemented.
What You Have/Can Do as a Minimum:
- Proficiency in automating and optimizing infrastructure and business processes tasks in a Google Cloud (GCP) hosted infrastructure
- Strong understanding of CI/CD principles
- Familiarity with automating build and deployment of cloud infrastructure and applications
- Strong experience with Terraform by Hashicorp
- Strong experience with Puppet Enterprise or similar configuration management tooling and associated principles
- Script writing for Linux and Window server environments (Python, Bash, and Powershell)
- Ability to interpret and write source code in at least one language
- Familiarity with software packing tools (.exe, .deb, .rpm, Docker, nuget)
- Familiarity with GITLab
- Cloud infrastructure and container-based infrastructures (GKE a plus)
What You Can Do to Stand Out (Not required but desired):
- Some familiarity with security/vulnerability/monitoring tools
- Experience with supporting multiple server operating systems
- General familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Prior experience in designing routine health checks, alerting, and self-healing systems are a huge plus
What is in Your Toolbox:
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work flexible hours to include nights and weekends (on-call rotation)
- Personable professional with a desire to work independently and collaboratively as appropriate on a fast-paced team.
- Low-Ego, Action-Oriented, and Intellectually curious personalities highly desired.
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-being
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for us and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves