RevenueCat makes building, analyzing, and growing mobile subscriptions easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator's summer 2018 batch and today are handling more than $1.5B of in-app purchases annually across thousands of apps.
We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the standard for mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like VSCO, Notion, and ClassDojo count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 50 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei. We're a close-knit, product-driven team, and we strive to live our core values: Customer Obsession, Always Be Shipping, Own It, and Balance.
As a developer advocate, you will be responsible for helping developers understand how to use RevenueCat's SDKs and APIs and evangelize their use, as well as drive understanding of our technology for bigger, more complex mobile teams and organizations. As our first dedicated hire in developer relations, you will work closely with our product and engineering teams to develop your strategies and playbooks.
This role is part of our marketing team, where you will create content that promotes the use and understanding of RevenueCat for a technical audience, and help build out our developer relations function.
You have a passion for teaching and helping mobile developers. You have deep experience as a developer, ideally in a mobile environment, and understand the challenges teams and individual developers experience. You are excited about the opportunity to help developers build better apps and businesses. You have 5+ years of experience creating world-class developer-focused content.
Within the first month you'll:
- Learn the ins and outs of RevenueCat's product and how it works
- Learn about our developer community and how to best communicate with them
- Take inventory of our existing developer content, identify gaps, and start producing your first pieces of RC content
Within the first 3 months you'll:
- Create and execute on a plan that allows RC to effectively engage with the broader mobile development community outside of owned channels
- Create and maintain a developer content calendar, including sourcing and producing content aimed at educating, engaging, and growing our audience across channels
- Have developed and run playbooks that allow you to effectively repurpose existing content into new formats to increase reach and impact
Within the first 6 months you'll:
- Represent RevenueCat and speak at industry conferences and events, both virtual and in-person
- Assist with product launches by contributing technical content (video and written).
Within the first year you'll:
- Be able to quantify the impact of your work on RevenueCat's developer community, and are able to commit to - and deliver on - realistic, but ambitious goals
- Have a framework for continuing growth in the successful channels
What we offer:
- $173,000 to $194,000 USD salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth