Revel Systems is the POS and platform built to help businesses achieve their goals. Improving day-to-day operations and fueling merchant growth, Revel’s streamlined ecosystem pairs an intuitive point of sale with powerful management tools, integrating inventory management, employee management, sales reporting, and more into a single platform.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Revel works with businesses from small merchants to global enterprises, that are looking to implement cutting-edge technology that helps increase revenue, improve efficiency, and enhance experiences for employees and customers. Founded in 2010 Revel is a leading member of the Apple Enterprise Mobility Program.
The Revel team is focused on its mission to disrupt and modernize the state of commerce by providing businesses of every size the tools necessary to thrive. Come join a smart, motivated team and work at a leading technology company during the next phase of growth. Power Ambition, Seize Your Future!
Revel is looking for an iPad Engineer to help improve iPad configuration, deployment, monitoring, and stability for its iPad-based point-of-sale systems (POS) installed in thousands of restaurants and retail locations around the world.
What You Bring
- Five-plus years experience with Apple iPad hardware / iPadOS, including libraries and tools.
- Skilled in using Apple diagnostic logs and tools to identify and resolve iPad hardware / software issues, troubleshooting iPad network connectivity, including iPad, Ethernet Adapter, cabling compatibility.
- Knowledge of Apple MFI program.
- Knowledge of Android devices and their connectivity issues.
- Previously performed Root Cause Analysis.
- Prior experience working in retail environments.
What You’ll Do
The iPad Engineer will have primary responsibility for:
- Performing tasks as assigned to support the resolution of ongoing or new iPad issues. This may include iPadOS, network adapters, network traffic, hardware (e.g. dongles, cabling), or other iPad operation and networking component failure analysis.
- Creating and maintaining the “iPad Specification” document across product releases that includes diagrams and text describing the iPad specification, sections listing any known issues with their remediation, and recommendations for product enhancements that promote iPad connectivity and device health.
- Creating and maintaining the “Installation Guidelines” document that will describe how the iPad component of the Revel POS should be deployed, with guidance on how to reduce the possibility of introducing Apple hardware and software faults during installation.
- Creating and maintaining the “Monitoring and Troubleshooting Guide” document that will include procedures for monitoring iPad connectivity and health, remediation steps in the event of an incident, and recommendations for the implementation of software / hardware solutions to support both monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Work on a team of experienced and highly skilled professionals
- Employee benefits: rich healthcare options, wellness programs, referral bonus, and 401K plan
- Flexible working schedule
- Apple equipment
This position is not open to CA, CO, WA, and NY residents.