Revel Systems is the POS and platform built to help businesses achieve their goals. Improving day-to-day operations and fueling merchant growth, Revel’s streamlined ecosystem pairs an intuitive point of sale with powerful management tools, integrating inventory management, employee management, sales reporting, and more into a single platform.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Revel works with businesses from small merchants to global enterprises, that are looking to implement cutting-edge technology that helps increase revenue, improve efficiency, and enhance experiences for employees and customers. Founded in 2010 Revel is a leading member of the Apple Enterprise Mobility Program.
The Revel team is focused on its mission to disrupt and modernize the state of commerce by providing businesses of every size the tools necessary to thrive. Come join a smart, motivated team and work at a leading technology company during the next phase of growth. Power Ambition, Seize Your Future!
Expert level understanding of:
- Apple iPad hardware and iPadOS, including libraries and tools.
- iPadOS settings and configuration.
- Apple and Redpark Ethernet adapters.
- iPad Ethernet configuration and troubleshooting.
- Low voltage cabling.
- Network data transmission TIA/EIA.
- Meraki networks.
- Knowledge of Android devices and their connectivity issues.
Five-plus years experience in:
- Configuring iPad Ethernet and WiFi connectivity.
- Troubleshooting iPad network connectivity, including iPad, Ethernet Adapter, cabling compatibility.
- Identifying and resolving iPad hardware / software issues.
- iPad performance / health assessment.
- Using Apple iPad diagnostic logs and tools to resolve issues.
- Understand throughput limitations that may require the software to throttle data. ● Implementing iPads in a retail environment.
- Root Cause Analysis.
Working in conjunction with company SMEs primarily in the Atlanta lab, the Apple Engineer will be responsible for:
- The delivery of an “iPad Specification Assessment” report that will be based on the contractor’s review of the company’s iPad model, sizing, installed software, configuration, and Ethernet / Wifi network software / hardware. This report will include diagrams and text describing the specification, sections listing any issues with their remediation at the specification level, and other recommendations that increase the availability and performance of the network connection and the iPad’s ability to perform under load.
- The delivery of an “Installation Assessment” report that will be based on the contractor’s review of installation documentation and interviews with internal and third-party installers. This report will identify issues in the implementation procedures, discrepancies between the procedures and actual site deployments, with sections on recommendations to improve the procedures and best practices, including enhancements to reduce the possibility of introducing network faults during installation.
- The delivery of a “Monitoring and Troubleshooting Guide” document that will include procedures for monitoring iPad connectivity and health, remediation steps in the event of an incident, and recommendations for the implementation of software / hardware solutions to support both monitoring and troubleshooting.
- The delivery of a “Product Enhancements” document developed in conjunction with company SMEs that list areas for improvement or specific feature changes to promote iPad connectivity and device health.
- Performing tasks as assigned to support the resolution of ongoing or new iPad issues. This may include iPadOS, network adapters, network traffic, hardware (e.g. dongles, cabling), or other iPad operation and networking component failure analysis.
- Six week commitment.
- NDA required.
- Hourly Rate - negotiable.
- On-site in Atlanta; local candidates preferred but travel expenses will be covered if needed.
- Some travel may be required to remote locations.
- Contract-to-hire a possibility.
This position is not open to CA, CO, WA, and NY residents.