Revel Systems is building a Point of Sale (POS) platform that helps businesses achieve their goals. Improving day-to-day operations and fueling merchant growth, Revel’s streamlined ecosystem pairs an intuitive point of sale with powerful management tools, integrating inventory management, employee management, sales reporting, and more into a single platform. Revel Engineering is responsible for building and maintaining this platform. Services we build and maintain are responsible for order processing on-site and online, smart analytics, inventory processing, and other background operations. On top of that we’re constantly working on projects that enable scalability of business.
Online Ordering - a fully modular project that enables businesses to sell their products online as well as manage delivery, loyalty, and other features that retain customers
Reporting platform - a package of solutions that enable large restaurant chains to perform quick analytics and allows them to gain insights into the overall performance of their business
API for business - these API solutions allow the most sophisticated customers to explore the variety of solutions available and integrate them the way they want to
While working on these important projects we also don’t forget to invest in self-growth - teams in Revel spend at least 2 days per month on personal development. We use this gained knowledge in practice and also share some of our findings with the rest of the world.
Feel free to stop by our Engineering Blog and learn more about the things we do here.
The Reporting Platform
You would be working within a squad that’s responsible for building the next generation of Revel reporting and analytics. The solution boosts performance and allows our customers to get data faster, enabling them to make business decisions quickly. The platform contains several pieces that are currently being worked on.
Reporting UI - a micro front-end project that enables us to build custom reporting dashboards and reusable visualizations. We’re using TypeScript, React, Recharts, and Material-UI.
Reporting Backend - a scalable Kubernetes backend application that’s responsible for data aggregation and easy-to-use GraphQL API. Data is being returned through Websockets, enabling us to serve data in real time. We’re using TypeScript and a quickly growing Node.JS framework called Cube.JS.
Data Platform - a data pipeline that’s responsible for streaming data to our reporting solutions deployed and managed through AWS.
Data Warehouse - a solution that allows our biggest clients to perform complex analytics. The solution is being hosted on AWS Redshift and we’re managing data transformations through Data Build Tool (DBT).
Software Engineers are fully responsible for the development & deployment of the project that is being built. We do that by
- Writing our own CI/CD pipelines on Gitlab CI
- Creating and managing AWS cloud resources needed for the solution to run & scale and writing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform
- Managing the release process and monitoring to ensure that services are healthy
- Ensuring the highest possible quality and test coverage throughout our projects fleet
You would be joining one of the three experienced Scrum teams in the Octopus Prime (Reporting) squad which is considered to be one of the most innovative squads in Revel. Here we have three international teams of young co-located professionals who love adventures and are passionate about personal development.
Check out what our squad growth sessions look like!
As a senior full-stack software engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing our Reporting UI & Backend solutions
- Helping the product owner to align product and technical roadmaps
- Working together with the team, participating in the refinement and planning process
- Mentoring teammates on best software development practices through pair programming & code review sessions
- Communicating with other teams, aligning on dependencies, and collaborating on resolving common problems together
- Driving some of the technical initiatives in the product engineering organization
- Experience in building scalable backend & frontend apps with TypeScript
- Experience in creating cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS) and CI/CD pipelines
- Quality mindset - visibility of what can be improved and influence people to choose a better solution
- Eager to learn new things and experiment a lot!
- Fluent in English as we have colleagues from around the world
Salary ranges from 5200€ to 6800€ gross
- Monthly team growth sessions
- Revel’s annual profit-sharing bonus
- Learning budget that includes travel to conferences
- 2 personal growth days per month
- Private health insurance plan
Additional benefits include Employee & peer recognition system (you could even end up with a sponsored trip to the Caribbean!), free lunches in the office, flexible working hours as well as volunteer opportunities.
By applying for a job position and submitting your personal data, you confirm that you have read and accepted Revel Systems’ Applicant Privacy Notice: